School placement

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the time of year parents find out what school there children are getting whether it be senior or infant school.
Now my question is would you dob someone in if you knew they'd lied about their childs address to get the school they want?

No. Why would you do that? It's the child that suffers if you do that, not the parent that lies.

Reactions: 1
I wouldn’t as the parents probably want there child to go to the best school in the area so really it’s only from there heart that they’ve done it :) I know it’s wrong but I wouldn’t say unless they weren’t doing it for good intentions. Like the child was at risk for some reason :) x

Reactions: 2
You’re a horrible interfering idiot if you do 🙂
(in general, not aimed specifically at the person who’s asked 😬)

IF it came down to me living in the area and having to travel miles to another school and I knew of someone who lied and got the school I wanted
Then maybe I would do an appeal - follow the process
But these things are hard

IF it came down to me living in the area and having to travel miles to another school and I knew of someone who lied and got the school I wanted
Then maybe I would do an appeal - follow the process
But these things are hard
so you’d try and have another kid removed because you feel you deserve the place more? because of a catchment area? Because of what slice of land you live on?

how odd you’d do that to a child. bizarre.

Reactions: 3
I did say if
But yes if I lived in the catchment area and I didn’t get a place then yes I would follow the appeals process
I’m sure they do home visits and checks right
So yes it’s dishonest
Furthermore it’s not the child it’s the dishonest parents

This happened to my niece and she was going to be expected to walk 4 miles(!) to school every day despite there being two secondary schools significantly closer to her home.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting a child being removed from the school for the benefit of their own. It’s not as if they’d have started the school year when you’d appeal.
although it’s worth remembering that one child being removed won’t guarantee yours a place :)

I would never dob a person in. A friend of mine is worried her kid wont get the school she wants and is in catchment for and her other friend has applied for the same school using the childs dads address to get her a place. (that child never sees her dad!)
My friend is just gonna be heartbroken if this other child gets the place and hers doesnt, she asked my advice and I just thought it was an intresting question so asked here. I can see you all agree with me that its wrong to do. 😂

Reactions: 2
I would never dob a person in. A friend of mine is worried her kid wont get the school she wants and is in catchment for and her other friend has applied for the same school using the childs dads address to get her a place. (that child never sees her dad!)
My friend is just gonna be heartbroken if this other child gets the place and hers doesnt, she asked my advice and I just thought it was an intresting question so asked here. I can see you all agree with me that its wrong to do. 😂
If the kid has a dead beat dad I’m glad his address might get her into a good school!! One positive from dick head dad! 😆😆

Reactions: 6
No of course not. Im currently waiting to find out where my son has a place and im praying he wont end up at our catchment school as its dreadful. I would have happily put my parents address down as the school near them is outstanding I went there myself a billion years ago but its so far from our house it would be a pain for him to get to.

People need to learn to mind there own business.

Edited to add I don't see anything wrong with putting a dads address down as it is still the childs parent regardless of if he sees her or not. At least he's finally being of some use

I’m not sure how you could get away with it in the first place.

We confirmed my daughters secondary school place today.

When we applied for her primary school we got our second choice but happened to move house and they somehow knew and offered us a place at a closer school.

I know in our area that they do a home visit before the children start in reception. Could be a bit awkward for anyone attempting to use a random address close to their school of preference 😂

• Haha