School items that you use in your daily life?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The title is vague and I should clarify I’m not one of these “who needs trigonometry is everyday life?” Because I know people use trig on the reg 😂

I’m talking, compasses, protractors etc... I’m so intrigued in what professions use things I haven’t touched since I left school!

looking forward to hearing your input tattlers 😁

I learnt how to make an apple crumble in year 8, the food tech teacher always told us when making your crumble, only your fingers should touch the ingredients, your palms should always stay clean. That’s something I’ve always remembered and “used”. I’m 33 now so this was 21ish years ago

Reactions: 3
I still use the calculator I had for my maths a-level 😅 It can do graphs and everything but this skill set is completely underused 😅

And I still have the first pair of scissors my parents bought me my first year of school, with my fabric name tag still attached to it and I still use them ✂

Reactions: 2
Scientific calculator lol - I work in financial services and there are formula's we use to work certain things out.

I learnt how to make an apple crumble in year 8, the food tech teacher always told us when making your crumble, only your fingers should touch the ingredients, your palms should always stay clean. That’s something I’ve always remembered and “used”. I’m 33 now so this was 21ish years ago
When I make crumble now, I use melted butter, oats, sugar and flour and use a spoon or fork to mix. I also make extra and freeze it for another batch. Very handy.

• Heart
a pen 😂 I do use my kids old exercise books to write stuff I need to remember clearly they dont learn enough these days,I used to go threw loads of exercise books.
I use my phone as a calculator before my phone when I was about 18 I did used to take a calculator shopping 😂😂🤦🏻‍♀️.

I love stationary! I use pens, rulers, highlighters, whiteboard pens, sharpies, paper clips, staples, ringbinders. I'm saving up for the ultimate stationary item..... a LAMINATER! (For reference) I'm a housewife

My boyfriend from school. Use him every day. Looks after my kids, make me a brew and cleans my house.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I love stationary! I use pens, rulers, highlighters, whiteboard pens, sharpies, paper clips, staples, ringbinders. I'm saving up for the ultimate stationary item..... a LAMINATER! (For reference) I'm a housewife
I'm also a stationary bleep.
You can get a pretty decent hot and cold lmainater on Amazon for around £20-£30 it's also a guillotine, cuts at angles and can do the perforated lines to create a tear line. I got one last year and it's amazing!!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I'm also a stationary bleep.
You can get a pretty decent hot and cold lmainater on Amazon for around £20-£30 it's also a guillotine, cuts at angles and can do the perforated lines to create a tear line. I got one last year and it's amazing!!
I literally just got goosebumps from reading "it's also a guillotine" by the time I got to the perforated lines I was salivating 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1