Sainsbury's

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I share an account with my dad. I've given him a keyring fob and he collects points for me too. We don't tend to let them really build up. ( Our current balance is £2.32) . I read an article where someone else had found another's nectar card and used the money off a shop.

Got a x3 nectar coupon and a £18 off a shop of £60 which I don't think we would use. My mother isn't a fan of online shopping.

I mainly just buy the innocent drinks which they usually have on offer for £2 down from the usual price of £3.20 and they have the best doughnuts. You can also get nectar points when you shop on Ebay and fill up with petrol at a Esso pump.

I found in my area they are actually the cheapest for milk, compared to Tesco and Iceland.

All the Sainsbury's near me are express ones. There's never much choice and one of them just abandoned the freezer section. I think they've lost their edge over the last decade or so.

Reactions: 3
I think the nectar prices thing is the only positive thing I can remember them doing in the last decade. I've noticed the nectar discounts sometimes don't work then a few hours later they issue a voucher for the amount they should have been. Bit annoying.

I wonder if they actually made money with buying Argos and habitat? It seems a bit outdated now with online.

Reactions: 1
I think the nectar prices thing is the only positive thing I can remember them doing in the last decade. I've noticed the nectar discounts sometimes don't work then a few hours later they issue a voucher for the amount they should have been. Bit annoying.

I wonder if they actually made money with buying Argos and habitat? It seems a bit outdated now with online.
I doubt it because at the weekend in Sainsbury's I bought some packs of Habitat metal straws reduced from £7 to 75p, a 25 pack of Habitat balloons reduced to 25p and a pack of Habitat candles for 25p.

They also had some lovely Habitat plates reduced to £1 but my child was with me and wouldn't let me look at them properly!

How many times can a person say Habitat!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Annoyingly our local store doesn’t have the scanners so they want you to use the app. But no wi-if in store and even if I could get on my data( only just get 3G in store) it would be to annoying having to unlock phone everytime I scan something!
Husband goes to the big store to do his mums shop and a smaller shop for us but won’t use the scanners as he can‘t multitask two shop loads😜

It is annoying they don't have the scanners in some shops and that even places where you'd think there would be data there isn't. They should have rolled them out at all the large stores by now

This is quite a good discount, its usually £4.50 but on offer for £3.50 and my nectar price reduces it further

Screenshot_20211210-115105_Nectar.jpg

I wish the new nectar card system worked online 😅

Don't have car so just get the weekly shop delivered

Came here from the M&S thread… we get a weekly Sainsburys delivery, and the nectar discounts seemed like a brilliant idea so thought I’d come over and see. Except I can’t use them because we only shop online 🤦🏻‍♀️

Yel

I think the good offers on the Sainsbury's nectar app have ended. They've been getting less generous and less of them.

Now the only offer I have is to save 15p on some potatos, which are still cheaper at Lidl/aldi anyway for the same variety.

It's useless that bit about extra nectar points where you have to go and save them each week for them to work. I don't care about 10 extra nectar points for buying a bag of kettle chios

Reactions: 2
I think the good offers on the Sainsbury's nectar app have ended. They've been getting less generous and less of them.

Now the only offer I have is to save 15p on some potatos, which are still cheaper at Lidl/aldi anyway for the same variety.

It's useless that bit about extra nectar points where you have to go and save them each week for them to work. I don't care about 10 extra nectar points for buying a bag of kettle chios
I've noticed they're giving away a lot of free stuff at the checkouts .I've had a few free coupons for my most bought items these past few weeks I usually collect and save the Necter points you can spend them in argos /eBay etc .I collect loads from eBay purchases that I never really think about.

Yel

I'm only ever getting save X on your first online order offers spat out at me :(

I think the nectar app was having issues, I've got 8 offers today but the discounts are 1/3rd less than they used to be.

Isn't this just the normal price as Tesco's own brand that probably is made by the same people as it's packaged exactly the same? At least give me an offer off the jalapeno version!
Screenshot_20220205-092859_Nectar.jpg

Maybe we're just getting lucky over here with the freebies :)
Tesco on the otherhand was my go to shop (not sure if it's the same in England ) but they've run ours right into the ground .It looks grimy with most of the shelves empty .I'm sure they're running them down for a reason ,maybe looking to get rid of them . I found Sanisburys have kept their high standard throughout the pandemic clean and really well stocked ,even loads reduced in the fruit and veg isles on a daily basis ,their prices have remained pretty stable too .

Wishing my local Sainsburys the best of luck shifting Valentine’s meal deals when they’ve run out of all the wines 🙈🤣

• Haha
Wonder how this will go down with the big supermarkets I’ve noticed a lot more seem to be food shopping in the cheapie stores