Rosacea / Acne Rosacea

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s clearing from the outside in by the looks of it - I have really deep redness on my cheeks but my spots were mainly on the outside and that’s where the redness was graduating to. It’s definitely starting to improve that area drastically but I can see much difference on cheeks but I definitely think that will come with time. Really wish I took a before picture to show you guys. Honestly feeling so positive about it! I’ve cut my BHA / Acid step out my regime too. I may introduce it when my flare up has calmed as it really helps the overall look of my skin!

oh yes!!!!!! I remember you mention azaelic acid. Going to look into tretinoin now! Not heard of it before x
Look up Dermatica - they’re currently giving new members a free month :) they’re derms and you upload photos and they’ll give you a prescription. You upload pics every month and they will adjust prescription as necessary x

Look up Dermatica - they’re currently giving new members a free month :) they’re derms and you upload photos and they’ll give you a prescription. You upload pics every month and they will adjust prescription as necessary x
Oh my god that is something I definitely need to get on. Particularly as I was debating whether to go to a dermatologist x

I know I am a bit late to the party but I was diagnosed formally a couple of months ago. I use Cetaphil daily cleanser and the moisturisers. I know SPF is important so I use this religiously.
I spoke to my GP and they prescribed Azelaic Acid. Sadly no really improvement yet. I might have to ask for Soolantra next time I speak to them!

I know I am a bit late to the party but I was diagnosed formally a couple of months ago. I use Cetaphil daily cleanser and the moisturisers. I know SPF is important so I use this religiously.
I spoke to my GP and they prescribed Azelaic Acid. Sadly no really improvement yet. I might have to ask for Soolantra next time I speak to them!
Out of interest, how do you find the cetaphil cleanser? It's recommend by many derms but is known to actually be very drying and can be irritating. Just wondered if you'd experienced this. The cerave hydrating cleanser is fab for rosacea and sensitive skin.

Out of interest, how do you find the cetaphil cleanser? It's recommend by many derms but is known to actually be very drying and can be irritating. Just wondered if you'd experienced this. The cerave hydrating cleanser is fab for rosacea and sensitive skin.
I had no idea it was known as drying/irritating. To be honest I was looking for a budget friendly option. My skin feels fine and not dry at all. I was sucked into The Inkey List's products and brought 8 different things - this completely dried my skin out and I regreted it within a week or two!

I had no idea it was known as drying/irritating. To be honest I was looking for a budget friendly option. My skin feels fine and not dry at all. I was sucked into The Inkey List's products and brought 8 different things - this completely dried my skin out and I regreted it within a week or two!
Yeah over use of products with alcohol or acids can dry your skin out; the key with rosacea and any skin really is hydration. You could give cerave ago I think its cheaper than cetaphil from memory.

I thought I’d give a little update. There was no improvement with the second cream metronidazole. So I’ve spent a month on doxycycline and that’s done nothing either. I’m getting referred to a dermatologist and had blood tests to rule out lupus. I am so fed up of my skin looking like this 😢

I thought I’d give a little update. There was no improvement with the second cream metronidazole. So I’ve spent a month on doxycycline and that’s done nothing either. I’m getting referred to a dermatologist and had blood tests to rule out lupus. I am so fed up of my skin looking like this 😢
Im so sorry to hear this. I know it’s a hugely frustrating thing to have to manage. Have they confirmed it’s deffo not lupus? Are you comfortable wearing foundations??

Im so sorry to hear this. I know it’s a hugely frustrating thing to have to manage. Have they confirmed it’s deffo not lupus? Are you comfortable wearing foundations??
Not sure about Lupus yet. I had bloods taken yesterday and the results are back at the doctors today. But my doctor doesn't work Friday's and they don't want to ask another doctor to call me back. So I have to wait to find out until Monday :rolleyes: :cautious: Tbh this is the only symptom I'm having so I don't think it is likely. But it doesn't stop me worrying!

I wear foundation but I don't wear make up much. Only really for special occasions and I'm working from home at the moment.