Rewritten bridesmaid dress… deodorant marks

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I stupidly tried on my bridesmaid dress after just putting on deodorant. Despite it being a no mark one, it has left marks.

Trying not to panic….

Has anyone washed a rewritten dress before and did it come out ok? It’s the satin fabric. I’ll follow the wash instructions to the T but I’m a bit nervy incase it doesn’t come out perfect.

Or any advice on spot cleaning deodorant marks?

Back up plan is to order a new one but would rather not do that 😅😅😅

Honestly, I’d just take it to the dry cleaners. Bridesmaid’s dress stress is no joke, I’d rather let the professionals deal with it - good luck!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
If it’s the white deodorant marks I find rubbing them with another fabric (usually a T-shirt or sock) gets it off but I mainly have this problem with gym stuff which isn’t as risky as satin!!

I sometimes use a baby wipe but I would not recommend that on your bridesmaid dress just incase!!

If it’s a stain the like above would try dry cleaners as first port of call!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
So I stupidly tried on my bridesmaid dress after just putting on deodorant. Despite it being a no mark one, it has left marks.

Trying not to panic….

Has anyone washed a rewritten dress before and did it come out ok? It’s the satin fabric. I’ll follow the wash instructions to the T but I’m a bit nervy incase it doesn’t come out perfect.

Or any advice on spot cleaning deodorant marks?

Back up plan is to order a new one but would rather not do that 😅😅😅
Try a dryer sheet!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Try a dryer sheet!
Ooh just rub it on the marks?

Thanks @Hamburglar and @Punchface… in my panic I totally forgot dry cleaners were a thing! Going to try the dryer sheet and if that fails will take it over to the DC.

Have also ordered a spare in case it all goes wrong! So thankful it’s from an online store!!

Ooh just rub it on the marks?

Thanks @Hamburglar and @Punchface… in my panic I totally forgot dry cleaners were a thing! Going to try the dryer sheet and if that fails will take it over to the DC.

Have also ordered a spare in case it all goes wrong! So thankful it’s from an online store!!
Yes, but please tread carefully with it being satin! 🙈 Start small, gently and in the most inconspicuous place you can. Good luck!