Regaining period via the pill?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello all,
I realise this is one of those 'talk to your Dr' topics, and I do plan to, but I sometimes find that people on here know a bit more or have more perspective to give.
To cut a long story short, I struggled with an eating disorder and depression/anxiety from the age of 8 (nearly died from anorexia at 12, i.e., peak puberty time which messed me up a bit I'm sure), and it has sorted of haunted me since then. These days I battle a lot more with depression/anxiety that disordered eating.
I had my first period at 17, then it disappeared. It came back when I was around 22/23, I had 4 or 5 in a row from memory, then life became super stressful, my weight dropped a little and I think it caused it to go. This was in 2018 and it hasn't come back since.
I've seen multiple doctors with no real tangible advice, I've had ultrasounds throughout the years and they always come back fine. I've also had bloods done multiple times and they show a low hormonal level which is to be expected, but it was nothing that ever worried the drs.
I'm 28 now, and while I'm not sure if I want children, I'd at least like to think I could have them if I wanted to.
I know I've likely done damage from years of exercising quite a lot, and my weight has always bordered on underweight, but I am eating 2000+ calories a day and have done for a long time, so I haven't restricted my intake.
I am seeing a dr today (however it could be a nurse, it's my first smear test so I don't really know what I'm in for), and half of me thinks just ask for the pill. I read that if we don't bleed for a while our lining can build up and cause cancer, so wouldn't inducing a bleed help with that? And it might help my body make some hormones?
I don't really know and I'm starting to waffle now. Could anyone lend some advice?