Quitting Smoking!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I smoked since mid teens, quit twice with willpower, lasted a year both times. Two years with Allan Carr book. Last time I quit I went for champix I only managed to take them for around 3 weeks as they made me so ill. Have not smoked since and don’t miss it, not tempted at all, it’s been 4 years now. Would recommend the champix even though I did suffer on them and two months after!!!!! Worth it 100%

Reactions: 2
I smoked since mid teens, quit twice with willpower, lasted a year both times. Two years with Allan Carr book. Last time I quit I went for champix I only managed to take them for around 3 weeks as they made me so ill. Have not smoked since and don’t miss it, not tempted at all, it’s been 4 years now. Would recommend the champix even though I did suffer on them and two months after!!!!! Worth it 100%
Well done!!! My oh gave up for a while after reading Allan Carr, then tried champix but started again, last year he tried champix again, it's been hard for him, but he's 14 months smoke free, and he has smoked for many many years!!!! I'm still smoking, want to give up, but not quite there yet!

Reactions: 2
Well done!!! My oh gave up for a while after reading Allan Carr, then tried champix but started again, last year he tried champix again, it's been hard for him, but he's 14 months smoke free, and he has smoked for many many years!!!! I'm still smoking, want to give up, but not quite there yet!
This last time I quit my boss had had a (smoking related) heartattack at work and that was that, the last cigarette he had was the one before he had his heart attack, a month or two went by and then he started to come out with me when I went for a ciggie. I decided I couldn't have him restarting smoking on my conscience so decided to quit but was procrastinating about when to actually take the plunge. Went to work one day and forgot my lighter and literally everyone I knew that smoked had just quit so I had to go the day without smoking, got home, finished the packet I had and that was it. I hated my job and didn't think I could quit while I was there but that day without proved to me I could. I'd recommend that you just keep trying, don't put any pressure on yourself, if you get to 11am without a cigarette but it's been a fight then try again another day. Everytime I've quit for an extended period, it's been easy but there are way more times when I've tried and failed. I learnt that putting pressure on myself just made me crave one more, if I just said to myself 'I'll see how long I can go without one' I found it far easier.

Reactions: 3