Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Padfoot

Iour old boxer used to love carrots! We also used to freeze gravy bones in ice and he'd have them for treats when it was hot!

'm currently on a house sit as that's part of my dog walking job but haven't done some sitting for a while due to personal reasons and this dog is teaching me what it's like to have a dog in the house again! Very excited for when my spaniel arrives!
Yesterday I did 30,000+ steps and my first unbroken night sleep since Monday. Just slowly getting used to being away from home. Much of a homebody! But I'm also very tired 🤣

I'm I'm sure we'll have some what have I don't moments but that's part of it. Not had a puppy in 11 years so will forget a lot of the things but it's a learning curve!

AladdinSane

VIP Member
We crate trained our dog and we just ignored his cries and he soon settled, didn’t take long just a few days of crying for a while when first put into the crate. I also think it’s the best way as if you go back to them when they are crying they’ll learn to cry to get your attention. If they go quiet then leave it a little before going in to let them out.
Thank you. Are you able to leave him alone to entertain himself? We're trying to build it up but it seems a very very slow process!

Padfoot

I'm sure you guys would understand my troubles!
Just spent the last ten minutes crying as I was on my own putting our puppy to bed to give my mum a break as she's either done it or we both have. If I let her out and my mum potters around she'll stand crying at the door to be let in. 🤦

But just felt like a total failure. Even though she eventually did a wee. Gave her all the praise and a treat, she's really good in the day it's just evenings and night time. I kept picking her up and putting her back in if she was just picking up sticks or running around.

Because at some point I may have to put her to bed on my own if my mum's not here (for context I still live at home as house prices are wild 😂) and if I can't get her to wee then we are screwed. She's also three months old, only messed once in her crate since we brought her home at 8 weeks. We also don't want to have her get separation anxiety so we both do the evenings or one of us will.

I was trying not to get frustrated with her as she's stil a baby and I was tired my self. We had family round earlier, I did my dog walks, she didn't sleep all morning, big nap on the afternoon, puppy preschool in the evening so that probably didn't help along with me instead of my mum letting her out. (she's fine with me in the day!) We will be working on this but just feel a bit of a failure tonight! 😫

Anyone else had similar experience? Any tips for late night wees?!

AladdinSane

VIP Member
What is everyone planning for Bonfire night? We've got the pup and two cats. The cats have never really been fussed about Bonfire night and will happily sit and watch the fireworks but with a pup I'm not so sure.

We're thinking about going to my parents in the country but then I'll feel guilty about leaving the cats alone 🤣