Puppies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve got a cavachon. SO CUTE. Doesn’t lose hair Very chilled. My BFF😆

Reactions: 1
I don’t know if this will be helpful as I’m not sure when it’s next on, we used to be on our breeds stand at discover dogs with our old girl. You have the chance to meet pretty much every full breed of dog and speak to the owners to see if the type of dog would be good for you. I mean I just went round and stroked every dog because cute, and our girl loved the attention for a few hours. But either way it’s good to be able to meet dogs 🤣

Had a Google, gorgeous!!! Is it a very small dog?
Not very small. The size of a cavalier (if that’s any help 😄). He is the best, honestly. My friends have got cockapoo and they are bonkers. Far too much energy but cavachons are similar looking and much more chilled

Thanks so much everyone 😊
We've literally just gone on what the kids liked the look of as a very first starting point, so thank you for the advice re frenchies.

I won't lie, the hair shedding is a bit of a worry as I like everywhere nicely hoovered....but it's part and parcel I suppose isn't it!! We're leaning towards a lab, as they seem to be the most reliable to train and we like they are a nice size. I would personally love a chocolate brown lab.

My friend has a beagle x, he is lovely but very sniffy as you say. He also cannot be walked off his lead at all as he would just bolt. We have heard labs are easier to train than some breeds which interested us too as we want to make sure we train a puppy the right way.

What breeds tend to molt less out of interest? We would ideally like a medium sized dog if that helps.
Schnauzers are fabulous family dogs and don't shed, also totally naturally hypoallergenic.
Cuddly but with their own personality, stunning little dogs.

Reactions: 4
@37BBL
What about a Staffie? Great family dogs, don't think they will shed as much as some breeds.
Bedlington Terrier?

This sounds crazy, but avoid 'unusual' colours in breeds. And I put fox red labs in this category currently. They are too intensively bred to get to this point. And anything with a red cocker spaniel 🫣

I’ve got a cavachon. SO CUTE. Doesn’t lose hair Very chilled. My BFF😆
Oh Cavachons are lovely! I wish Cavaliers were cross bred more than Cockers. They are much better suited to family life.

Reactions: 2
@37BBL
What about a Staffie? Great family dogs, don't think they will shed as much as some breeds.
Bedlington Terrier?

This sounds crazy, but avoid 'unusual' colours in breeds. And I put fox red labs in this category currently. They are too intensively bred to get to this point. And anything with a red cocker spaniel 🫣

Oh Cavachons are lovely! I wish Cavaliers were cross bred more than Cockers. They are much better suited to family life.
Yes Staffies are great 😄
I love cavaliers but so unhealthy I don’t think I’d even want to get something a crossed with one!

Don’t they have problems with their brain as well due to in breeding? Something to do with their skulls
Yeah chiari-like malformation (brain) and syringomyelia (spine) are two conditions that are common in them and they can have both, they believe CLM can be a cause of syringomyelia

Had a Google, gorgeous!!! Is it a very small dog?
We have a poodle, her mum is a toy and her dad was a mini, she is slightly bigger than a toy. Fantastic family pet, she can run for hours, daft as a brush and smart (when there's a incentive to be). Not too clingy but loves cuddles. I also own a 7 year old brat!

All I would say is don't expect no hair loss if you get a doodle type, when my dog was a pup she was dropping fluff everywhere! (Turns out its a thing but people pretend it doesn't happen) now she has her big girl coat she doesn't lose much, mostly notice it mixed with dust (joys of laminate).

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5
We have a poodle, her mum is a toy and her dad was a mini, she is slightly bigger than a toy. Fantastic family pet, she can run for hours, daft as a brush and smart (when there's a incentive to be). Not too clingy but loves cuddles. I also own a 7 year old brat!

All I would say is don't expect no hair loss if you get a doodle type, when my dog was a pup she was dropping fluff everywhere! (Turns out its a thing but people pretend it doesn't happen) now she has her big girl coat she doesn't lose much, mostly notice it mixed with dust (joys of laminate).
Shes beautiful 😍 I love poodles.

She has lovely paws!!

Some of the suggestions here have definitely given us lots to go on. We're certainly not jumping into anything and want to make sure we do our research and have everything ready before we welcome a pup.

I think we are leaning towards a labrador, but haven't settled 100% on that yet x

She has lovely paws!!

Some of the suggestions here have definitely given us lots to go on. We're certainly not jumping into anything and want to make sure we do our research and have everything ready before we welcome a pup.

I think we are leaning towards a labrador, but haven't settled 100% on that yet x
I have to be honest, I wasn't sure about breeds, my daughter wanted a poodle so we got one 🙈. I think there is pretty much pros and cons to every breed.

Good luck if and when you decide to get a pup, you're basically getting yourself another newborn child (although grows quicker 🤣) but worth it (not that the human children aren't!)

• Haha
I met a cockapoo crossed with a standard poodle the other day. Img I’ve never seen a dog like it! He was so friendly and well behaved as well

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.