Private healthcare (UK only)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Of course! I just checked and the company pays £975 a year, then I top it up with an extra £479 a year. That gives me things like extra physio and acupuncture, more GP appointments etc. It works out to an extra £39 a month. I may downgrade next year though as then it'll be free!
Wow. In my country the annual prices are much higher.
Do you pay anything at your visits on top of this?

The dealbreaker for me is that they don’t cover anything pre-existing even if you’ve only mentioned it in passing, I don’t know if they can access your medical notes from the NHS, but if you’ve got suspicions about something, don’t fancy getting sued.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
The dealbreaker for me is that they don’t cover anything pre-existing even if you’ve only mentioned it in passing, I don’t know if they can access your medical notes from the NHS, but if you’ve got suspicions about something, don’t fancy getting sued.
We're pretty lucky in that our coverage covers all pre-existing conditions, but they're less great for chronic conditions. e.g. once you're diagnosed with something chronic (like a psychiatric condition) you're back to the NHS, though they do cover therapy. I'm also lucky that though long-covid is chronic, they're being more lenient due to it being a global pandemic. I totally agree though, you absolutely need to be honest as they will access and review medical records when you make a claim.

Reactions: 2
I’ve been looking at quotes for healthcare and Bupa quoted £43 a month. I put I gave up smoking three years ago which is true but I do vape but they didn’t give me the option for nicotine products. Anyway, what do people pay on average and is it worth it? I’ve been clearing off debt so would be in a position to pay.

I have private healthcare through work, a decent package including GP, physio and counselling and pay tax on benefit in kind of something like £850-900, which I assume would be the equivalent of what I’d actually pay if I paid it myself