Price rises

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see my therapist on a lower rate for £40 per 50 mins. We had a talk about rising prices today and he mentioned possibly bringing it up to £50 per session. An increase of 25% o_O. (His normal rate is £57 per hour and £66.50 for an evening slot for comparison and he told me I was his only lower rate client).

My monthly rent has gone up by around £5.

I remember you could buy three bars of Kinder bueno for £1. Now you can get 4 for £2 or (£1.50 currently on sale at Tesco).

The large Ferrero rocher boxes were £5 and the small ones were £3.50. Now the small ones are £5.00 and the large ones £8ish.

What other things have you seen creep up?

I see my therapist on a lower rate for £40 per 50 mins. We had a talk about rising prices today and he mentioned possibly bringing it up to £50 per session. An increase of 25% o_O. (His normal rate is £57 per hour and £66.50 for an evening slot for comparison and he told me I was his only lower rate client).

My monthly rent has gone up by around £5.

I remember you could buy three bars of Kinder bueno for £1. Now you can get 4 for £2 or (£1.50 currently on sale at Tesco).

The large Ferrero rocher boxes were £5 and the small ones were £3.50. Now the small ones are £5.00 and the large ones £8ish.

What other things have you seen creep up?
My birth control. I am on depo. Through my insurance, for the past 4 years, I have paid only $6. Today I went to go and get it done and it cost $15! I know that isn't a lot but I was surprised it even went up. Luckily the govt covers the cost of having the injection actually done. Without insurance/govt coverage it would cost around $150+.

• Wow
Reactions: 2

Yel

My dentist put up the monthly price from 18 to 21.60 ish recently but put in the letter that they've managed to keep it at 18 for children. I don't want to sound bitter but why not raise all prices equally? It's for a private dental practice obviously so it's not like the children won't get dental elsewhere. I'll probably cancel it, 2 checkups and 2 hygienist visits a year is overkill and they stress me out and I kinda preferred the NHS quick functional checkups 😁

Reactions: 3
I'm noticing it in Primark off all places. I was in one recently and they had some nice dresses, but they would always have been around £12-15 and now they're all around £18-21, which is a lot for Primark.

I wish they'd stop with all the Disney tit though :rolleyes:

Reactions: 11
My local cornershop who we buy our bottles of wine from for a fiver (very classy bottle of rose ofc) tried to say it's now up to £6. I told him then we might as well go tesco, promptly put the price down :LOL: .

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm noticing it in Primark off all places. I was in one recently and they had some nice dresses, but they would always have been around £12-15 and now they're all around £18-21, which is a lot for Primark.

I wish they'd stop with all the Disney tit though :rolleyes:
I find a lot of their stuff isn’t much cheaper than other places with (slightly) better quality. Their basics/accessories/cosmetics/baby clothes are still quite cheap but otherwise I think they’re really pushing up the prices

Reactions: 6
My dentist put up the monthly price from 18 to 21.60 ish recently but put in the letter that they've managed to keep it at 18 for children. I don't want to sound bitter but why not raise all prices equally? It's for a private dental practice obviously so it's not like the children won't get dental elsewhere. I'll probably cancel it, 2 checkups and 2 hygienist visits a year is overkill and they stress me out and I kinda preferred the NHS quick functional checkups 😁
I pay over the odds for private dental care and have done for a long time but I'm sick and tired of my dentist moving on every two years and have just discovered why. The practice hires them straight out of dental school, they get two years experience in a practice then move on to pastures new. I pretty much object to paying highly inflated prices for treatment when it's not with an experienced dentist and the latest one doesn't fill me with confidence. I've got a new dentist starting from the end of this month, at a practice where the 'newest' dentist has worked there for ten years.

Price of prescriptions!!

Also price of drinks, on nights out I used to be able to get a mixer for £1.50, bottles of wkd type thing for £1. Entry was free or cheap. I went out recently and it was £7-10 entry and about £6.50 for a drink 😱

• Wow
Minimum wage is going up from £8.21 to £8.72 from April, which is great for those people on it, however, by comparison other people’s salaries are not increasing at the same rate.. I work for local government therefore my pay rises are subject to a set rate and it’s definitely not going up as quickly as minimum wage!

Minimum wage is going up from £8.21 to £8.72 from April, which is great for those people on it, however, by comparison other people’s salaries are not increasing at the same rate.. I work for local government therefore my pay rises are subject to a set rate and it’s definitely not going up as quickly as minimum wage!
In comparison though how much are you on an hour compared to someone on minimum wage?

£8.72 p/h Is still bloody appalling considering the cost of living and how much everything has increased with inflation over the last 15 years or so.

Reactions: 4
This is good news for the workers but it means my dad has to pay more for his carers yet gets no more money in his attendance allowance (which nowhere near covers it anyway!).
I also think it’s terrible that the carers get minimum wage because I’d not want to do their job but the care companies get rich!

In comparison though how much are you on an hour compared to someone on minimum wage?
My hourly rate is reflective of my role and responsibilities, so more than minimum wage, but I’m by no means rich and the percentage of other people’s wage rises in my work place, not just mine aren’t going up as quickly. As an example, it means someone in my office would be earning less than the cleaners on minimum wage, but is meant to be their supervisor... it’s not tallying up. Don’t get me wrong, I’m pleased minimum wage is going up, but I think all salaries should go up by the same benchmark, perhaps they do in the private sector, but I work for local government and they certainly don’t here.

I find a lot of their stuff isn’t much cheaper than other places with (slightly) better quality. Their basics/accessories/cosmetics/baby clothes are still quite cheap but otherwise I think they’re really pushing up the prices
Exactly don't they realise if they keep creeping the prices up people will shop elsewhere no point paying £20 for a Primark jumper that will go bobbly after one wash when you can buy a better quality one at Zara for the same price.

Also I've notice Aldi have put the price up on a few things one being their gratin potatoes used to be 89p now £1.29.

My rent has gone up too, about £100 a month. It's killing me. It's still the cheapest in the area though :(

• Wow
My hourly rate is reflective of my role and responsibilities, so more than minimum wage, but I’m by no means rich and the percentage of other people’s wage rises in my work place, not just mine aren’t going up as quickly. As an example, it means someone in my office would be earning less than the cleaners on minimum wage, but is meant to be their supervisor... it’s not tallying up. Don’t get me wrong, I’m pleased minimum wage is going up, but I think all salaries should go up by the same benchmark, perhaps they do in the private sector, but I work for local government and they certainly don’t here.
I know what you mean, when I worked as a primary school teacher i worked out the hours I did and it came out less than minimum wage.