Post Breast surgery gift ideas?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning everyone,

My mum has just had a double mastectomy and implants put in, and I'm looking for gift ideas to send her.
I live overseas, and she's in the UK but I can send via amazon or a UK based company.

She's 55, but very fasionable/youthful and loves all things beauty, reality TV etc if that helps.
I can't send flowers as she has a lovely little cat who hates them...
I was going to order one of the post surgery breast support pillows, but my sister in law has already made her one.
(Made as well! Way to make me look bad mate, the only thing I can make is toast🤣)

Does anyone have any ideas for me? If you've had the same sort of procedure what gifts would you have realy appreciated?
Thank you in advance ☺

Reactions: 1
Ive had implants and definitely would have appreciated some nice post surgery bras you need the support and comfort they give for a good while after!

• Heart
Very have some nice lace ones and marks and spencer have some pretty ones! The majority are very sports bra like and may not be what yoir mother is into you definitely feel better when they are in a nice pretty one!

• Heart
Bio Oil or similar for the scar massage, I'd recommend the original Bio Oil, worked a treat. You could make a "gift box" of scar friendly toiletries from one seller or see if there's someone already on it that sells a post op bodycare box?

• Heart
Bio Oil or similar for the scar massage, I'd recommend the original Bio Oil, worked a treat. You could make a "gift box" of scar friendly toiletries from one seller or see if there's someone already on it that sells a post op bodycare box?
I found the Kelo-cote gel really good but it is pricey. Can also get silicone scar tape.

• Heart
What a lovely idea - what about a care package basket?

Some nice comfy bras, luxurious pyjamas, bubble bath/bathbombs, skincare, snacks, sheet masks,

ETA - Sorry, just realised that you are not in the same country as your mum - so may be a little tricky.

• Heart
What a lovely idea - what about a care package basket?

Some nice comfy bras, luxurious pyjamas, bubble bath/bathbombs, skincare, snacks, sheet masks,

ETA - Sorry, just realised that you are not in the same country as your mum - so may be a little tricky.
The don't buy her flowers site does nice care packages though of course cost can mount up

• Heart
I'm sorry that I have no specific gift ideas, but just a suggestion. I live in Canada and use Moonpig to send gifts to family and friends in the UK.

Whatever you decide to send, I'm sure the fact that you're thinking of her will be much appreciated.

It takes a while for everything to settle so she won't know her size for a while. You could get her vouchers for a really nice bra from somewhere like Rigby & Peller (late Queen's fitter!) or book her an appointment for lingerie styling, even made to measure if you really need to outdo the homemade pillow!

Thank you so much everyone for your suggestions 😊
Mum's recovering really well. She mentioned that she'd bought a post surgery bra from amazon that is really comfy, but she's only got one so I bought one of those and ordered it to her house. I've also ordered an afternoon tea from a local (to her) cafe to be delivered for her.
When she's healed a bit more and I next go over to the UK I'm going to take her to the spa 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Vouchers for a hairdressers to get a wash and blow-dry, I wasn't allowed to shower for a week and struggled to do my own for a while.