Piercing babies ears 😖 *eyebrows*

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imagine having fertility problem and desperate for a baby for 10 years, Then finally being blessed with a child. Only To pierce the poor sods ears at not even 6 months old. Absolutely disgusting 😩😖 *cough* eyebrows *cough*

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Whos pierced their baby's eyebrows?! 😲

Reactions: 1
Whos pierced their baby's eyebrows?! 😲

Nobody thankfully! Haha sorry. It’s the baby’s ears. It’s just someone on Instagram that I’m not allowed to speak of. But was hoping people would pick up on the eyebrows refrance to realise who I was talking about 😂

Reactions: 2
Each to their own, but I really, really don't like it. I have a daughter and if she wants her ears pierced it will be at an age where she can understand the process, healing etc. It would have to be HER choice, it's her body after all

I hate seeing young children with pierced ears, especially babies. I hate how it looks (especially anything larger than a teeny tiny stud earring) and the idea of putting children through pain (albeit most likely pretty fleeting) seems bizarre, especially for the sake of the parents own vanity as is often the case. I do appreciate that views differ between cultures though.

My mother made me wait until I was 16 before I was allowed to get mine done and even then she wasn't keen!

I think its odd as you never know if the baby could move whilst they're piercing it. 😳

I had my ears pierced at 5 as I asked my mum if I could get them done, and a few years later one of them got embedded. I got some studs as a gift and didn't realise that you weren't supposed to wear them at night. I managed to rip my ear trying to get it out (thankfully it healed back up and there's no scar or anything now) but definitely wish I'd waited longer in hindsight. I ended up just letting them close up after that and didn't get them repierced until I was 14. Even then I was bricking it!

I had my ears pierced at 10, at a chemist. It was done in a room that reminded me of a dentists, dentist chair as well! I had 9ct gold studs fitted.
First ear fine, second one don't know what happened but i fainted. When i came to, the main chemist bloke was fiddling with my ear and rubbing my shoulder to wake me up. Apparently i was whiter than a ghost!
When they took me back out to my mum we were given a cup of tea and didn't get charged. When my mum asked me what happened i couldn't tell her as i don't know. I remember the woman coming towards me with the 'gun' and then being woken up. Apparently she hit the cartilage or something, well the word cartilage was mentioned. I was old enough to understand, image being a baby or toddler.
Just to say a few years later had a second piercing at a market stall, no problems.

• Wow
9309F8EA-80F6-46FF-BEE0-F1313059B3C7.jpeg

8CCAA174-7AC1-414F-8173-E6CA6AA475DC.jpeg

Or most likely...... because you’re a chav.

When my sister had her second a woman in the maternity ward with her wanted to get her neighbours daughter (who worked in Claire’s 🤦‍♀️) To do the babies ears when she was discharged.
Possibly a caravan neighbour. 😐
#Sorry #NotSorry

• Wow
I hate it and im not even sorry for my opinon. It looks totally chavy and not to mention cruel to the child.

My daughters will have their ears pierced when they are old enough to ask for it.

Reactions: 7
I loathe seeing young children with pierced ears and I’m afraid I judge the parents very badly in this. I don’t care if they try to excuse it as a custom to me it’s simply causing unnecessary pain to a child for purely decorative reasons.

Reactions: 8
I find it so bizarre that it’s legal. If I pierced someone with out consent, it would be assault but it’s fine to do it to a baby 😩 not to mention the god awful piercing guns that you can’t sterilise, and it’s just forcing something blunt in your babies skin 😖

Reactions: 4
Im not a fan. It should be someones choice when they are old enough not forced in to by parents.

Not surprised by anything this family does anymore. Poor child will probably be booked in for her first boob job and butt implants for her 16th birthday

Im not a fan either BUT I have a good pfriend whos husband is Egyptian. She had her daughters ears pierced over here as culturally his family expect babies ears pierced (they like to buy jewellery as a gift to the baby?). She wanted them done here as she knew the premises would be clean and regulated. So I’m in two minds if it became illegal it could be more damaging to the babies having it done.

A girl in my daughters class had it done age 5 for Christmas, her mum hasn’t kept it clean and it got infected and she missed a week of school 🙄 .

My mother in law wanted to take my daughter out to get her ears pierced for her birthday. Her first birthday. I nixed that quickly!

I had mine done at 7 because I’d been bugging my mum, then took them out because they were annoying me. I was then 22 before I had them redone. I’m going with the idea that my daughter can have them done when we think she’s mature enough to keep them clean etc.

I really do not like earrings on babies/toddlers. I always worry they are going to pull them out and I always just think it looks tacky. It’s not needed

Reactions: 3