Phone Scams

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I presume they are buying data from other sites when we sign up for things online?
Could be.
Would imagine an online crook would use any method to get a hold of the general public's data, mind you.

Reactions: 3
I presume they are buying data from other sites when we sign up for things online?
That's probably how it's done. You would think there is some way we can stop our personal details being sold off. It might be somewhere in the screeds of information when you 'accept cookies' but I never read it all because it's too long.....and I don't understand most of it anyway.

Reactions: 2
That's probably how it's done. You would think there is some way we can stop our personal details being sold off. It might be somewhere in the screeds of information when you 'accept cookies' but I never read it all because it's too long.....and I don't understand most of it anyway.
That's the thing, who does have the time/knowledge to read hundreds of pages before opening a link? I remember reading once that supermarkets and their loyalty schemes are especially bad for selling data, don't know how true that is though but would make sense. Ditto signing up for free WiFi in restaurants, cafes etc

Reactions: 1
That's the thing, who does have the time/knowledge to read hundreds of pages before opening a link? I remember reading once that supermarkets and their loyalty schemes are especially bad for selling data, don't know how true that is though but would make sense. Ditto signing up for free WiFi in restaurants, cafes etc
Ahaa! You just reminded me, I logged into WiFi in my local restaurant not too long ago...and I started receiving the scam texts shortly after that. 🤔. That's made me think now... and I won't be doing it again, anywhere.

Ahaa! You just reminded me, I logged into WiFi in my local restaurant not too long ago...and I started receiving the scam texts shortly after that. 🤔. That's made me think now... and I won't be doing it again, anywhere.
Yes, public Wi-Fi, definitely need to be careful.
Good shout

I didn't think of it until @emm mentioned restaurants and cafes. Just goes to show how careful we have to be when putting our details out there.
Yeh, despite the obvious dangers free WiFi seems worth the risk somehow 😅 I have a different email I use for free WiFi etc so I don't use the one linked to my banking or anything but it's not really possible with a phone number

Reactions: 1