Phone addiction?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I try to put my phone away during the day while I’m WFH or I would get nothing done. Average is about 4 hours - IG, Twitter, Tattle, News apps. I keep my phone upstairs when I’m downstairs having tea/watching TV. I could really live without a phone TBH and love it.

Sometimes I just kept my phone uncharged, no one is calling me anyway hahaha! Is just work, sleep, eat, tit repeat these days

Reactions: 1
I’ve recently downloaded the forest app (not an ad, not sponsored 😋) for when I’m working at home and it really helps if you enjoy a reward based system for being off your phone.

Basically the more time you spend off your phone, the more coins you win. You can then buy different types of colourful and themed trees to plant in your virtual forest.

You can also save up the coins to plant a real tree in a real forest.

I have to say I don’t use the app as much as I should, especially in the evening but it’s good if that kind of incentive works for you.

I absolutely hate it when my partner goes o his phone at dinner time when we are sat at the table.. He doesn't understand why i see it as rude but it definitely is!

Reactions: 3
I can use my phone and tablet quite a lot during the day especially when there's not much else to do. The world we live in today had changed our interactions and attention spans and I find it a struggle to have the concentration to watch a film, tv show, read a book!

But saying that, I think this is only a big problem when it's getting in the way of other important things in your life like work, chores, paying attention to your partner.

For me, that last one has and still is a problem. I know I'm on my devices too much when I'm with my hubby and he gets annoyed because we're not "spending proper time together" so I'm trying to work on that but everything on the internet is so addictive!
I’m exactly the same as this. My concentration span has shortened so much and I used to love just daydreaming and being in my own head years ago but I struggle to now because my instinct is just to pick up my phone or iPad. My husband gets annoyed with me too for how much I’m on it. I know it’s a problem I’m literally on one or another all day except for when I exercise. For me it’s kind of a comfort thing, it just completely distracts me, it started a few years ago when I was going through some difficult things, I’d just escape on to the internet and found it so soothing, lockdown has bought it back and made it worse. Feel like I need rehab 😬

Reactions: 2
I absolutely hate it when my partner goes o his phone at dinner time when we are sat at the table.. He doesn't understand why i see it as rude but it definitely is!
Yeah, it almost sends a message that he'd much prefer texting other people or checking out internet memes than spending an hour or so talking to you. It's almost like he gets sucked into his phone and fails to acknowledge your existence!

I'm using my phone a lot more than I used to. But we are in lockdown here and I don't live with family so it's the only way I can keep in touch with them.

Normally just a few hours a day to listen to music and podcasts at the gym and on walks. If I'm meeting friends or family I make sure to keep my phone off the table and only check it if they've gone out of the room or whatever.

I am proud to say that i never had a facebook/IG/Twitter account. I use my phone for work and when I get home i leave it in my bag until the next day. I've just never been bothered, but i do use my Kindle daily and read at least 2 hours every night

I am proud to say that i never had a facebook/IG/Twitter account. I use my phone for work and when I get home i leave it in my bag until the next day. I've just never been bothered, but i do use my Kindle daily and read at least 2 hours every night
How do you do that?! I mean I have deleted Facebook from my phone (I use my husband’s phone to browse FB Marketplace sometimes but that’s it) and I have never had a Twitter, but I love Instagram 😂 Still manage to read quite a bit, but on my phone 😂

My screen time usually varies between 2 - 3 hours. If I ever notice it's gone over 3 hours I make a conscious effort not to go on it. 3 hours seems a huge amount of time to be on it to me, but looking at the results of the poll maybe I'm just worried about it too much!

On the flip side, my other half is never seen without his in his hand. It really annoys me actually. I feel like if I want a conversation I have to actually ask him to put his phone down otherwise I just get half-hearted answers or he'll bring something up later that we've already spoken about but because he was on his phone he's forgotten! Does anybody elses partner do this? I have no concerns about what he's doing on there, I know for a fact all he's doing it scrolling insta, fb, tik tok, looking at car photos etc etc etc but it's still annoying! I just want to be able to talk to him without a mobile phone being the centre of his attention!
My husband is the same and it’s mainly stupid tit like scrolling through Twitter, Tik Tok or reading the news. I’m not gonna lie I can spend too much time on mine at times but when we’d go out for dinner or whatever I’d leave mine in my bag or in the car or we’d even be watching a movie in the house and he’s sitting on his phone it annoys me too. We’re due a baby in about 3 months time so he won’t have the time to be on it

Reactions: 1