Period vs pill? Pms vs pill side effects? Help

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry I know you’re asking about the pill but thought I’d weigh in with my experience with the coil. I had always had bad mood swings with the pill and was bad at taking it so one day I was just like you know what, I’ll just sacrifice 24 hours (of pain) and get the coil bc it lasts so long. And I’ve not had a period since (in 10 months)!!!!! It’s been AMAZING in that respect so if you’re looking for some relief from periods definitely get the hormonal coil put in

I won’t lie I do still get mood swings, not sure what’s me and what’s the hormones anymore but it’s nowhere near as bad as they were when I took the pill, and I tried like 5 different pills

Reactions: 1
Hi guys sorry if this is TMI but I have always had awful pms and awful periods and it takes away at least ten days of each month where I just feel like crap. I’m finally going to try the pill which I’ve avoided due to side effects I’ve heard and not wanting to be on loads of tablets as I’m already taking anti depressants... :( what’s the pill like? Does it give you side effects? No idea what to do :( I’ve been prescribed the progesterone only one! Never taken the pill before so I have no clue! Help! Xx
I’ve never been on the pill but I do suffer with pms, I discovered evening primrose oil capsules about year ago and oh my god it’s helped with my pre period blues so much, I don’t cry for no reason anymore the week leading to my period. Definitely found it works for me in terms of mood. To help with my cramps I wear heat pads that I stick on the front of my knickers, like a secret hot water bottle.

Exactly the same for me. Still have bad PMS without the pill or Mirena but wirh them it was more like I was always in a state of mental PMS. I need to try primrose oil. Will any do or should I look out for a specific brand?
I take these, one a day after my main meal, always on 3 for 2

Last edited:
I'm on Cerazette and I think I hate it. HORRENDOUS spotting when I first started it. I don't get my period, which for ages I loved but I'm starting to get rally crampy on it. Last night I went to bed super early with a craving for crisps (my old period cravings) and today I woke up with a 4kg bloat and horrible cramps that I can't shake. It's an awful feeling. I think I'm just going to stop it altogether and give my body a break. I'm single now and have turned into the biggest frigid so no hope of any bedtime gymnastics for me! I don't even know if I want to go back on the pill in general.

Reactions: 1
I’ve been on microgynon for 13 years and had no problems.

Tried the depo injection once and I bled like crazy. I think everyone is different! Good luck :)

Hi just wondering if anyone has any reviews on the mini pill (cerelle)? Im suppose to start it tomorrow after having my implant removed, but the only reviews I’ve found are all negative. Just wondering if anyone had any positive ones.

Hi just wondering if anyone has any reviews on the mini pill (cerelle)? Im suppose to start it tomorrow after having my implant removed, but the only reviews I’ve found are all negative. Just wondering if anyone had any positive ones.
I have been on cerelle for several years. I don't have any issues. I have gained a tonne of weight but that isn't the pills fault. I have had two terrible years with my dad being seriously ill and then dying and have just made excuses and eaten poorly and not exercised. When I tried I lost weight fairly easily whilst on it.

I occasionally get spotting, but otherwise no periods. And I do still get achey boobs sometimes but not regularly monthly. And I'm a miserable cow most if the time but I don't know if that's just me or contraception related as I have been in some form of hormonal contraception for over 12 years 😆