People who come into a thread and whip the crowd into a frenzy...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does this happen? What’s the rationale behind it? Is it secretly the gurus/celebs/youtubers being talked about, trying to defend themselves? 😆

I feel like in every thread, you eventually get someone who comes in and slams consensus, often in a controversial way. Sometimes you get trolls but occasionally, you’ll get someone who will defend a guru to death. The site is called Tattle and there is a rave board and yet they choose to crash the gossip/rant boards. Do they just enjoy thee attention? Why are they even here?

Reactions: 8
I haven’t seen anyone defend a guru maybe a little bit .. the problem I see is racist comments constantly for all skin tones not just one skin tone in particular and people making fun of a country’s President or a country you live in or what political party you are part of.. I don’t think these things should be allowed . They gang up on people as a group until you are embarrassed or offended and then you either quit and delete your account or you just don’t feel like posting anymore. If I say the particular guru page it’s going to be so obvious..

I guess we could say why is anyone here posting ? I enjoy conversations about interior designing and just a little gossip to get my mind off of the virus ordeal ! Being stuck inside is dull and this site helps me release stress ! 🙂

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I don't mind a healthy debate if somebody wants to defend the subject of the thread. It's refreshing to hear different view points.
What really gets me is when someone not only defends the subject, but expects everybody else to stop talking negatively about that subject. You cannot jump onto a thread and pretty much tell everybody to change the topic. I hate that.

Reactions: 8
Why does this happen? What’s the rationale behind it? Is it secretly the gurus/celebs/youtubers being talked about, trying to defend themselves? 😆

I feel like in every thread, you eventually get someone who comes in and slams consensus, often in a controversial way. Sometimes you get trolls but occasionally, you’ll get someone who will defend a guru to death. The site is called Tattle and there is a rave board and yet they choose to crash the gossip/rant boards. Do they just enjoy thee attention? Why are they even here?

It’s a teenage attempt to be cunning when it comes to forum guidelines - witch plop, cause an argument then report everything to get it shut down.

It’s better controlled on Tattle, but I have seen on other sites leading to thread deletions or a series of posts all round to try and end the discussion. It doesn’t help that some people are really good at winding others up as they float from board to board.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I don't mind a healthy debate if somebody wants to defend the subject of the thread. It's refreshing to hear different view points.
What really gets me is when someone not only defends the subject, but expects everybody else to stop talking negatively about that subject. You cannot jump onto a thread and pretty much tell everybody to change the topic. I hate that.
I know free speech is paramount and I respect that but I have to be honest (and this is probably petty of me)...I hate it when a bunch of us are having a great time ragging on some influencer or celeb, and someone comes in acting all holier than thou and defends them. Why don't you make like a tree and leave. :LOL:

It’s a teenage attempt to be cunning when it comes to forum guidelines - witch plop, cause an argument then report everything to get it shut down.

It’s better controlled on Tattle, but I have seen on other sites leading to thread deletions or a series of posts all round to try and end the discussion. It doesn’t help that some people are really good at winding others up as they float from board to board.
I've recently been somewhat active on the thread of a certain ex-actress and her dim husband and so many comments were getting deleted so I totally see what you mean. Can't help but think they're employing these trolls to shut threads down. But this makes a lot of sense!

Because they're a troll trying to blend in?

Tattle is for people that are disillusioned by them, if you love them then start a rave thread or stick to their feed.

Report these accounts. It's the dictionary definition trolling!

Internet troll

Description

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts flame wars or intentionally upsets people on the Internet by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community ... Wikipedia

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Because they're a troll trying to blend in?

Tattle is for people that are disillusioned by them, if you love them then start a rave thread or stick to their feed.

Report these accounts. It's the dictionary definition trolling!

Internet troll

Description

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts flame wars or intentionally upsets people on the Internet by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community ... Wikipedia
I didn't know you could report people derailing threads by raving about the subject in question...very interesting! Thank you for the heads up, Yel! 👏👏👏

Reactions: 3
Won't that create a culture where people are reported for having a difference of opinion?

Won't that create a culture where people are reported for having a difference of opinion?
I think your previous comment was spot on: "What really gets me is when someone not only defends the subject, but expects everybody else to stop talking negatively about that subject. You cannot jump onto a thread and pretty much tell everybody to change the topic."

I'm not losing sleep when people have a mature, respectful discussion about a celeb or guru and there are differences of opinions. I think what does end up happening (and annoying people as a result) is that someone jumps into a thread, started defending said Guru, calls the rest of us jealous trolls and dismisses all our points by saying we're just hateful people. These sorts of people will always disagree with whatever you say regardless of whether it's the truth or not and twist everything to suit their narrative (i.e. xyz guru might seem selfish in videos but maybe she's a much better person off camera. She might seems rude but I think she'll improve.) so it's impossible to have a constructive argument with them. That's not cool and imho, should be banned.

I haven't seen this happen here on tattle very often. I think there's a difference between someone coming onto a thread and being deliberately and repeatedly inflammatory in defence of whatever influencer is being discussed, though, compared to someone who comes onto a thread with disagreement toward points that are made and to stifle their opinions would rapidly leave a forum empty IMO. I suppose it should be looked at on a case by case basis though and not a 'one size fits all' approach.

Essentially @CarrieW24 said it better - lol

Reactions: 1
I haven't seen this happen here on tattle very often. I think there's a difference between someone coming onto a thread and being deliberately and repeatedly inflammatory in defence of whatever influencer is being discussed, though, compared to someone who comes onto a thread with disagreement toward points that are made and to stifle their opinions would rapidly leave a forum empty IMO. I suppose it should be looked at on a case by case basis though and not a 'one size fits all' approach.

One of the threads I frequent consistently had a troll who came in and called us ugly dykes who are jealous of said Guru's "natural feminine beauty" (i.e. lots of plastic surgery and make up but ok) and said we're all jealous because she can probably steal all our men (I thought we liked women?? :ROFLMAO: ). She also called herself said Guru's "guardian angel" who will "troll you girls real good" and followed us all the way from GG so that was quite the spectacle. Thank God the mods eventually took out the trash!

• Haha
  • Wow

I hope it is looked at case by case, and not one size fits all. I don't want to get reported for making a joke that wasn't to someone's taste. I hope people can still ignore posts they don't agree with before clicking on report, as standard practice. But I agree with reporting accounts that cause mass upset or that are clearly disrupting the thread.