People shouting things at me out of their car windows when i'm walking

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When i'm walking down the street, this happens to me quite often and it really frustrates and upsets me. I've been called a dirty wh*re, a slag, a slut, been beeped at countless times. Today I was just walking down the street after a mental health appointment (i'm already feeling anxious), and some twit drove past me and just screamed at the top of their lungs and speeded away. It's really sent me over the edge.

Does any else experience this? How do you deal with it?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
I honestly didn’t realise this still happened 😞 when you say “sent you over the edge” how has it made you feel? Whenever it happened to me I was able to move on by telling myself someone who was going to do something bad wouldn’t draw so kuch attention to themselves. Pisses me off that people don’t understand the effect their stupidity, years ago I had an abusive ex and thing’s similar to this would be a trigger for my anxiety.

Reactions: 2
I honestly didn’t realise this still happened 😞 when you say “sent you over the edge” how has it made you feel? Whenever it happened to me I was able to move on by telling myself someone who was going to do something bad wouldn’t draw so kuch attention to themselves. Pisses me off that people don’t understand the effect their stupidity, years ago I had an abusive ex and thing’s similar to this would be a trigger for my anxiety.
It's just made my anxiety much worse, and the fear that there are dangerous people out to get me and I keep checking that my door is locked. I know the people who do it are idiots and quite cowardly, they wouldn't do or say these kinds of things if they were out walking instead of in their cars.

Reactions: 1
It's just made my anxiety much worse, and the fear that there are dangerous people out to get me and I keep checking that my door is locked. I know the people who do it are idiots and quite cowardly, they wouldn't do or say these kinds of things if they were out walking instead of in their cars.
You're right, it is cowardly. They only do it to intimidate . It makes them feel powerful in their sad little life.
It won't be personal.

I get it sometimes and it makes me anxious. It’s really jarring and the worst bit, the person who shouts likely doesn’t think about it again where I’m on edge the of the day

It absolutely infuriates me whenever this happens although it hasn’t happened much since I was a teen. I got over it (after the initial fright and powerlessness of the situation) by telling myself they’re just absolute dicks who think they’re funny, it’s not personal and they do it because they know they can just be driven/drive away. It’s cowardly! I also hate when you’re in a car and a gang in the street usually kids throw something at the car.

Hope you are feeling better today 🥰 Not sure what your appointment was for exactly but if not already it may be worth discussing your anxieties and triggers like this with someone.

It makes me so bleeping angry that people who do this just think its a “laugh”