Parenting forum dramas!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I never joined MN as I’d read many threads over the years (came up in random Google searches) and just didn’t feel like I’d belong. I did sign up on Babycentre’s pregnancy app, not realising that it also registered you onto the forum. Found my default due month group a bit boring so ventured out into the forum... wish I hadn’t :ROFLMAO: Nothing wild happened, just learned that it was a toxic place and certain users would take issue with anything a less well-known user would say. It was very negative so I left

Also found that the popular posters on there seemed to hate their kids, probably why they were bullies on the site. I’m not talking about the normal feelings of being fed up of little Johnny and just wanting a cup of tea in peace... some really seemed to despise their children. As someone who was mentally struggling with pregnancy, it was a bad environment

I avoid all that these days though I do have the mummy meet up apps which also have the feature of posting publicly. I largely ignore that side of it though as like @Niamhm I get fed up of the early weaning posts. They really touch a nerve with me😬

Also couldn’t be dealing with the dramatic and likely to be untrue tales. Sadly they seem to be common across the internet

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Can’t stand mumsnet, apart from the odd bit of gardening advice 😂 the irony of it. Couldn‘t stand mother and baby groups , nct, the list is endless. I also dislike school WhatsApp groups and am not involved in them! I much prefer a few friends, with or without children, that you can get together with and chat things through.

Reactions: 5
I've read plenty of articles on the Daily Mail about various posts from Mumsnet, the impression I'm getting is that some posters there are a few fries short of a happy meal.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Never been a fan and I have tried mumsnet and netmums. I was there for the craic and ended up a genuine troll because of how easily triggered people are on them. I am on a few facebook ones.

Pregnancy test posts do my nut in. Especially when you see ones where they have taken it all apart or the photo tweaked. I know to well that it is frustrating when you are trying and not getting the result you hoped for but taking it apart and tweaking the photo will not change the result.

The term "liquid gold" to describe breastmilk makes me shudder.

• Haha
Reactions: 1