Painful cervical smear

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to hijack this! But I got a letter inviting me for a colposcopy and I am due to have my period at that time!! Do I tell them? Sorry for the stupid question!
You can still have it done whilst on your period but there’s a chance that the sample may come out as inadequate so you may have to do it again.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
You can still have it done whilst on your period but there’s a chance that the sample may come out as inadequate so you may have to do it again.
Thank you, I actually contacted my doctor and she said it’s fine but I was wondering how the hell do they see anything 🤣

Sorry to hijack this! But I got a letter inviting me for a colposcopy and I am due to have my period at that time!! Do I tell them? Sorry for the stupid question!
Yes, I'd give them a call and ask if you can reschedule. They might be able do a colp while you're on your period but I would have thought its preferable if you aren't as it would be easier to look at your cervix (and probably nicer for you!).

Update - tomorrow I have my appointment with the gynaecologist. So nervous because I know they will want to examine me. Terrified it’ll be a man.

Reactions: 1