Oscars 2022

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Literally had to look up who won best actress because all I could read on news sites was Will Smith.

Okay, honestly I think the awards are an outdated waste of time and money, attended by a bunch of pretentious gits.

BUT Will Smith has either totally fucked the biggest night of his life and also his career, or life will go on as usual for him (I suspect the latter judging by the after party videos of him living his best life).

And that is what pisses me off mostly. Beat someone up on a live worldwide stage, win best actor, everyone still loves you. It’s almost like men can do whatever they want and get away with it 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I don’t condone violence but it’s pretty low to insult a woman like that. Women are always the butt of peoples jokes, especially about our looks and Will Smith was defending his wife’s honour. For that, I can’t help but admire him.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I don’t condone violence but it’s pretty low to insult a woman like that. Women are always the butt of peoples jokes, especially about our looks and Will Smith was defending his wife’s honour. For that, I can’t help but admire him.
i couldn't help but think, damn i'd love a man who fights for me like that

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I'm happy for the Coda Encanto and Belfast wins, shame the whole evening is overshadowed by the shitshow of Will Smith and Chris Rock. Jumped over here from the Will Smith thread so I won't repeat my cringe and discomfort at the whole thing but I didn't know that Will Smith actually won best actor. Imagine winning an academy award and choosing to tit all over it with an act of performative assault. Yikes.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Agreed, what Chris rock said was so low. Jada should have punched him herself.

Reactions: 2
Disgusting how it overshadowed the wins.

If I was his wife I’d be mortified. A quiet word afterwards or a mention in the acceptance speech might have been better.

Still, at least we have new meme content.

CDCAF66D-C69C-4B9B-A0FB-1CDB0BF79C34.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don’t really agree with how people are roasted on stage, sometimes it’s lightheaded but other times not so much. However, this is what the Oscars has become now (look at Ricky Gervais!) so I don’t think it’s actually meant to be rude or offensive and maybe somewhat kinda expected? Not that it should be

I think Will was completely out of order, there’s smart ways of going about it rather than attacking someone live on air… a witch slap at that may I add, which is even more embarrassing 😂. Jada always looks miserable, bet she’s a right laugh. Chris handled it very well

Reactions: 3
I don’t really agree with how people are roasted on stage, sometimes it’s lightheaded but other times not so much. However, this is what the Oscars has become now (look at Ricky Gervais!) so I don’t think it’s actually meant to be rude or offensive and maybe somewhat kinda expected? Not that it should be
The roasting is so the great unwashed can see they’re really all humble down-to-earth homesy type folk who love nothing better than a laugh and a joke at their own expense.

That’s how it’s supposed to look anyway. Clearly sometimes the cracks show.

Reactions: 3
This whole thing actually set off a memory in my brain where I realised an ex of mine had done a similar (but worse) thing. My ex and I were really close and I still miss that relationship to this day. Anyway, my ex worked with a guy who decided to tell him I was a slut (because he happened to know two other people I’d been in relationships with). My ex beat him up so badly he couldn’t work for 2 days. At the time I told him he can’t behave like that. He never laid a finger on me but if anyone says anything about his family or anyone else close, he’d see red.