Oscar Pistorius

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, I always thought that too. His version of events never changed from the moment it happened. Like you, I am quite gullible though
I thought it wasn’t intentional too, but iv started the documentary so il see how and if my opinion changes.

An interesting take on it. I am sure anyone would be worried and scared if they thought that they were being burgled, but seriously, when you awake, isn’t the very first thing you would do is check on your partner? They would be inches away from you. Speak to them. Reach out and touch them. Something. And why would a would be burglar lock themselves in a toilet? If they thought they had been rumbled wouldn’t their first instinct be to get away, not lock yourself away so that the police can come and round you up? When he woke up, why was his first instinct that he was being burgled if he wasn’t alone in the house. If a noise wakes me up from another part of the house my first thought is it must be my wife. I would check beside me would take a millisecond and if she was there, then it is time to worry. His explanation is just as believable as Dominic Cummings and his dodgy eyesight excuse.

Reactions: 25
I’ve watched a documentary on this. In my opinion 100% intentional. i cannot see how he didn’t know she was in the toilet. Possibly not premeditated though.
I think the tears in court were more for himself rather then Reeva and her family...

Reactions: 20
I’ve watched a documentary on this. In my opinion 100% intentional. i cannot see how he didn’t know she was in the toilet. Possibly not premeditated though.
I think the tears in court were more for himself rather then Reeva and her family...
This, 100%

Reactions: 11
I think they had a row and she was trying to call for help/taxi from the bathroom. How he only got 15 years is outrageous! Her poor parents. It’s heartbreaking.

Reactions: 10
100% intentional. And you know how many threatening messages my husband has sent me in well over a decade? Absolutely none. They were still in the early stages of their relationship and he couldn’t even rein in it then.

Reactions: 26
You would instictively reach out next to you to check for your partner if you thought you were in danger and at least whisper to see if they were alright before shooting at a toilet door. And why did she lock herself in the toilet if it was nt to stop him coming in for some reason? I think he was in such a rage he shot her, so intentional but not premeditated.

Reactions: 9
Plus point - he was found guilty

Minus point - the sentence does not reflect the crime

We watched this over the past two nights and I was gripped! (On Amazon Prime @Elmhart)

I thought it was particularly interesting how he was all mixed up with that gangster guy who looked like Shane Warne and Thanos' secret lovechild. I've got black and white friends from South Africa who have all spoken about the levels of violent crime, but I'm pretty sure that people as nervous of break-ins as his defence tried to portray him would be sure to keep out of such circles? I mean, they were literally thugs?

Also super suspicious that his brother took and wiped his phone. It was never addressed in the documentary why he was texting his ex at nearly 2 in the morning. I was also appalled that he's ended up back with her while in prison.

I categorically think it was intentional and he is not the person the media portrayed.

I wonder how much perception plays in this? I don’t recall anyone standing up for Weinstein, a bloated, unpleasant looking man who looks like he is guilty of sexual abuse even before the evidence is presented. This guy is young, fit, good looking, successful sportsman who has overcome a serious disability and some folks look to cut him some slack? If you fire a gun in someone’s direction you know it is going to do them some serious damage. If you do it four times you know the person will probably die. How can that not be intentional?

Reactions: 19
Re: the violent crime in South Africa. Yes, I know it's scary and horrific. OP used it and the fear of it in his defence. And then turned around and admitted he was sleeping with his screen door open and that's why he woke up! He also said in his statement that there had been builders on his property who had left ladders out which added to his level of fear and paranoia. Which begs the question - if you were so terrified (in a gated community) why didn't you ask the builders to take the ladders or move them yourself??

His statement had more holes in it than Swiss cheese. He also did not have time to put on his prosthetics in his 'panic' (so he couldn't have been moving that fast) and he had to pass Reeva's side of the bed to get to the bathroom yet he didn't notice she wasn't there or didn't try to say anything to her?

After he fired one bullet she would have screamed, no question at all. And yet he shot her four times? Are you kidding me?

After 'Tiger King' came out, Jon Ronson published something abouth the 'psychopath test' and one of the indications is owning exotic animals. Oscar Pistorius owned two I believe. I have no doubt he is a psychopath and was jealous and controlling as well as obsessed with guns. Fuck him. He's a danger to women.

Reactions: 21
He has always stated he got up to move the fans. When he got up she had been in bed. One of the fans was the same height as him so he would not have heard anything if she got up unless she’d actually spoken. He heard the bang whilst moving the fans. He also claims to have shouted to her as he went towards the bathroom. In all honesty, I found this part odd because I’d like to think my own partner would wait for me to respond so he knows I’m safe.

I think he absolutely got what he deserves. He took an innocent persons life at the end of the day. I just don’t know if there was enough evidence to suggest it was premeditated murder (beyond reasonable doubt) hence the very experienced judge giving an initial manslaughter verdict. A lot of the evidence had been tampered with by the police officers as well. It was also the same police force who started the whole thing about there being previous domestic issues when infact they had nothing to do with the couple. I think if this had happened in the UK, he would have been found guilty of manslaughter. We’d all like to think in these situations we would be the hero and make the perfect decision every time. But even trained professionals sometimes get it wrong.

I’m in no way defending Oscar, this wasn't an innocent man. It is obvious he was controlling, a serial cheat and had a lot of unresolved issues. He killed someone, someone’s daughter and deserved his prison sentence. I’m just not convinced it was premeditated murder

Reactions: 4
What was the 'bang'? Her closing the door? Why would she close the loo door in the middle of the night? Remember it was a separate loo inside a bathroom. That just seems very odd to me. He noticed she was in bed before he got up but not after? He heard a bang from inside the bathroom but he didn't hear her getting up when the bed was much nearer to him than the bathroom? Also, if you were in that situation and heard a noise wouldn't the first thing you would do would be to say something to your partner like 'did you hear that?' or even whisper her name? That story was pure fabrication. I think he was texting some other girl, they had a fight and he got violent so she ran and locked herself in the toilet. I don't think it was premeditated though.

Reactions: 9
When the story first broke the narrative was very much that a tragic accident had occurred where OP's very much loved gf had been accidentally shot. The story with HW was that after a *long* history of gossip, people finally stated admitting what many already knew and that he was a total creep. Questioning perception is always a good but it's totally not valid in this case as the two cases are incomparable.

Personally I would probably argue the opposite for OP. Much had been made about this paralympian who was so brilliant he was competing against olympians in the Olympics. I remember watching him and rightly or wrongly I expected to see a humble guy, talented guy who had really overcome adversity, what I actually saw was someone who I came across really badly, he seemed bad tempered and arrogant. So in that sense I think his image as a whole went against him, or perpetuates the idea that he isn't actually a very nice man - depending on how you want to look at it.

Reactions: 7
Interesting take but manslaughter? He fired into a closed door 4 times. That was not an accident. Whoever was behind that door wasn’t coming out alive be it his partner or an intruder. He might argue that he didn’t intend to kill anyone, but firing four bullets at someone isn’t going to leave them in a healthy state.

Reactions: 10