Notre Dame

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How truly deverstating that this piece of history is burning before our eyes. I honestly hope they are able to save some of it!

• Sad
Reactions: 12
It is absolutely heart breaking to see such an old and beautiful historic building just go up in flames ☹

Reactions: 2
Its awful has it been released what started the fire yet? I think I read something like they think it had something to do with the restoration work that was being completed

Reactions: 1
Its awful has it been released what started the fire yet? I think I read something like they think it had something to do with the restoration work that was being completed
It seems to be surprisingly common that historic buildings undergoing restoration work end up burning down. There was a building in Glasgow that recently burned down while being restored.

Makes you wonder whether there needs to be some changes into working practices on historic building restoration works.

Reactions: 3
I'm probably being very naive, but does seem strange that so many priceless artefacts didn't have better protection from a building that seemed to be so vulnerable.

I just loved how trump felt the need to tell emergency services to act quickly and giving his advice on how to put it out 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm probably being very naive, but does seem strange that so many priceless artefacts didn't have better protection from a building that seemed to be so vulnerable.

I just loved how trump felt the need to tell emergency services to act quickly and giving his advice on how to put it out 😂.
Yeah I read that about trump ... however if they had listened to his “advice” the whole building would have crumbled !

By the sounds of it most the priceless artefacts had already been moved due to the renovations.
They probably tried to keep as many as they could there though to still draw the tourists in

90C41F58-0955-4845-A773-B08508B81B17.jpeg

Influencers across the world are probably worried this will effect their freebie hauls 🙄
“What if LV and YSL don’t send me the latest PR drop...
it’s all notre dames fault
Shouldn’t Disney like, be rebuilding like,
the Hunchback set like” 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Yeah I read that about trump ... however if they had listened to his “advice” the whole building would have crumbled !
Yep, he was talking of treating it as if it's a bush fire :LOL: Still compared to Alfie Deyes he's smart.

Paris compared to London does seem underinvested in these days, just from my clueless eyes. No wonder all those Japanese tourists get such a shock

Influencers across the world are probably worried this will effect their freebie hauls 🙄
I came here to post exactly that :LOL: #preyforgucciprsets

• Haha
I visited there a few years ago. Locals use it as their church so there's a constant stream of tourists flooding in, while normal elderly people are trying to pray in pews. The tourists are NOT quiet, despite staff telling people to shut up as they walked in It was freezing cold in Winter.

The windows were stunning, and there's a TON of stained glass windows everywhere, not just the rose ones everyone discusses. Glad they are good.

All I could think of was all the abuse tit that goes on in these places, so these sorts of visits are not my cup of tea but I was dragged by someone keen!

So when it burnt all I could think of was, somewhere, some choir boys etc are happy. lol I think I'm a bit jaded with the church. lol. I've heard so many stories from close friends about the churches and cathedrals they sang in. Makes my blood run cold.

So that's why it largely went over my head.

I felt like that about Rome and Vatican City. From an architectural point of view it was really interesting to see but I think I went in expecting more. The people begging on the street right outside as you entered (what is one of the richest city’s of the world) kinda took the shine off it I think.
They are beautiful buildings,
the church connection not so much 😐 @KawaiiAF

It's way over the top people mourning, it's just wood, metal and stone. Where were the tears for the tar sands?

It's way over the top people mourning, it's just wood, metal and stone. Where were the tears for the tar sands?
I agree, and I cried... :rolleyes: Animals and humans are being killed every day and people care more about a building. It's strange, but it did feel emotional to me.