Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emm

VIP Member
anyone else watch her videos? IShe lives on the amalfi coast and basically vlogs her life with some cooking content. Thought I would start a thread as just watching her latest video I feel so bad for everyone on the amalfi cooast/italy in general, as an area which basically lives on tourism watching them talk about how, for the second "start of season" running there is no one around was just awful. You can see that carlo looks basically heartbroken talking about it

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Jaybtee

VIP Member
Her vlogs are so relaxing and a tonic on days like this (raining cats and dogs). Carlo is a hottie too 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 7

soymilk

VIP Member
Some "fans" of Nicky's have been ringing Elizabeth (bluestar Positano) on her mobile at 11.30pm asking her to say hello to Nicky and Carlo for them. This prompted Nicky to ask people to stop doing weird stuff like standing outside their homes waiting for them. Nicky was really embarrassed that her friends have been bothered like this
wow, I'm cringing for the people that actually thought it was acceptable behaviour to do that - v weird!!

Reactions: 6

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
I feel like I've missed out on something here lol, what's been going on? (If you or anyone else cares to explain 😊)
Some "fans" of Nicky's have been ringing Elizabeth (bluestar Positano) on her mobile at 11.30pm asking her to say hello to Nicky and Carlo for them. This prompted Nicky to ask people to stop doing weird stuff like standing outside their homes waiting for them. Nicky was really embarrassed that her friends have been bothered like this

• Wow
Reactions: 6

Catlady1

VIP Member
I know why are people so weird! And do they have any grip on reality? People who you see on line are not your real friends however nice they seem. !!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
OMG. Huge thanks to those who started this thread. Same that she also popped up on my feed during my depressing moments, I was moving to a new house, uninspired and suddenly just by watching some of her videos felt like home to me.

Now, my blind dog BooBoo Bear can't live without Carlo's voice. If I switch the tv into something else, he will scream.

The way Nicki and Carlo address issues about random strangers and how they explained themselves are reality - like how she is not expecting people to notice her in public, she turned down any freebies and treats given by fans/followers and she doesn't see herself sponsoring or promoting any brands.
Also people online should not expect that they can respond to all of those comments. - she's so real.

There are times that she's so conscious of what to say to those people and Carlo is the one to the rescue 😂

If I happen to see them in Positano, I will just say hi and move along. It is so creepy with that level of being obsess on a youtuber that they only know them online and we don't see their lives 24/7. Same with Elizabeth and her family, they deserve respect.

I am so in love with their garden and their lifestyle - growing their fruits and vegetables. While me living in the city complaining about expensive veggies 🤣🤣

soymilk

VIP Member
I came across her channel last year - love her, love her dog, love Carlo, love the Amalfi coast, love the food, love everything 😍
(for anyone else that's interested in italian homecooking style videos i recommend 'Pasta Grannies')

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
I absolutely love Nicki’s channel. I first discovered her during the November lockdown & binged loads & loads of videos.
Now I always look forward to them popping up in my feed. She is a breath of fresh air.
She basically is living my dream life. Le sigh.
Also Holly has got to be one of the luckiest dogs in the world!
I don't know how holly manages all those long walks and stairs with her tiny legs!

Jaybtee

VIP Member
Who are these horrible people who ring up her friends, stalk them etc!!? So bizarre, this kind of behaviour.

• Wow
Reactions: 4

bolimepipi

VIP Member
anyone else watch her videos? IShe lives on the amalfi coast and basically vlogs her life with some cooking content. Thought I would start a thread as just watching her latest video I feel so bad for everyone on the amalfi cooast/italy in general, as an area which basically lives on tourism watching them talk about how, for the second "start of season" running there is no one around was just awful. You can see that carlo looks basically heartbroken talking about it
i absolutely love nicki's videos. i live in a similar destination to amalfi coast to i completely understand how they feel 💛

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
I love watching Nicky, started watching her in December, when we were in tier 3 lockdown with another national lockdown looming and tbh I really looked forward to her videos, I always felt really positive after watching. She seems like a really nice woman and has a lovely home and family. I absolutely adore Holly

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
anyone else find it weird people are messaging her to ask for birthday messages? I don't get why someone would want someone who doesn't know them to wish them happy bday! I thought the way she addressed it was very good
Yes, I find it so strange, why would you ask a stranger on the Internet to wish your mum (eg) happy birthday, my mum would be like 🤷🏼‍♀️ whatever!

Reactions: 3

nasa5

VIP Member
I wonder if that is why they are trying to get more money, I would imagine that, stunning as the view is, their house would be hard to sell and property around there must be so expensive
True, it wouldn’t be for everyone. She mentioned in passing in one of her past videos that they don’t own the house, Carlos father/parents do so it’s hard to know what type of position that puts them in, presuming the situation hasn’t changed.

emm

VIP Member
I have have just discovered her videos. I love seeing people whose way of life seems completely different to mine. I am tempted to order one of her relatives aprons. I’d rather be influenced to buy that than some crappy primark haul. Can anyone recommend someone who does similar videos from other countries. I watch another young girl who documents her life in Russia. That is so interesting too!
omg same, I don't even wear aprons but I love the designs!
Bald and banktupt is good (not only in russia but mianly ex USSRA countries) ;not from russia but for other people interereserted in med travel chanels Spain Revealed is great!

emm

VIP Member
anyone else find it weird people are messaging her to ask for birthday messages? I don't get why someone would want someone who doesn't know them to wish them happy bday! I thought the way she addressed it was very good

emm

VIP Member
I've been watching Nicki's vlogs since the first lockdown in 2020 and still enjoy her videos. I love the life they have up there above the sea and how they seem to spend their days in their garden, cooking, walking their pets, visiting friends etc. I realize that it's most likely a highlight version of her life (and I think she has said as much), but it's very relaxing to watch. I could not deal with those steps though tbh.

I've never figured out how old Nicki is. From the timeline she talked about in videos detailing how she came to live in Positano, she would be in her mid to late fourties, but to me she seems to be at least 50? I have no clue :D (And I'm not judging or age-shaming!)
Not sure but I think she said at one point she was about 50?
Could never deal with those steps either, I struggle with a couple of flights at work 😅😅

Reactions: 2

dressagediva

Aw I'm so happy to have found this thread! I've watched her for a while and just love her. Holly is such an icon too haha!

• Heart

Catlady1

VIP Member
She does offer meet ups on Patreon. For a pretty hefty fee I imagine. I mean everyone’s time has a price doesn’t it? Wanting to meet your ‘idol’ is no excuse for harassing her friends.

• Wow

Catlady1

VIP Member
I have have just discovered her videos. I love seeing people whose way of life seems completely different to mine. I am tempted to order one of her relatives aprons. I’d rather be influenced to buy that than some crappy primark haul. Can anyone recommend someone who does similar videos from other countries. I watch another young girl who documents her life in Russia. That is so interesting too!

Catlady1

VIP Member
I said to my hubby about it and he said he’d get me a motorised scooter to bring the shopping up on. 😁

• Haha