NHS admin interview advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hopefully this is the last update from me but I got offered another band 4 job today and accepted it 😁 so shocked as I didn’t feel confident but just wanted to thank you all for your great advice x
Brilliant, congratulations! I hope it all goes well for you 😊 x

My interview is on Tuesday, they’ve already booked me in for the university interview in October. I’m puzzled by this as they said you only get a Uni interview if you pass the first interview - which I obviously haven’t had yet. Anyway, I shall update Tuesday evening.

Reactions: 3
Just had my interview. I thought it went ok but we’ll see. Only 6 questions but a few scenario ones like how would you advocate for a patient etc. They asked how I prepared for the interview too, which I’d never been asked before. I’ve felt tit all day so probably didn’t project my best self 😬 will hear early next week. I need maths functional skills which I haven’t got, can’t quite believe I’ve got so far in healthcare without it - I draw up vaccines in my current job 🤷🏻‍♀️ so I’d need to sort that out if I’m successful.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just had my interview. I thought it went ok but we’ll see. Only 6 questions but a few scenario ones like how would you advocate for a patient etc. They asked how I prepared for the interview too, which I’d never been asked before. I’ve felt tit all day so probably didn’t project my best self 😬 will hear early next week. I need maths functional skills which I haven’t got, can’t quite believe I’ve got so far in healthcare without it - I draw up vaccines in my current job 🤷🏻‍♀️ so I’d need to sort that out if I’m successful.
Fingers crossed for you x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Well, I had a phone call this morning telling me I’d passed with flying colours and they want me on board. I have to pass the university interview in October now but the lady gave me some tips on what to expect and how to answer. I was surprised as I really felt ill on the day of the interview. Definitely have to sort maths out now though 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hello does anyone on here know what questions they will ask for admin apprentice assistant. I have a interview via MS teams next week and am wondering how long the interview will be. Any advice is appreciated.

I am guessing the questions may be tell me about yourself, why the nhs, dealing with difficult people, what does confidentiality mean to you etc

Last edited:
Hello does anyone on here know what questions they will ask for admin apprentice assistant. I have a interview via MS teams next week and am wondering how long the interview will be. Any advice is appreciated.

I am guessing the questions may be tell me about yourself, why the nhs, dealing with difficult people, what does confidentiality mean to you etc
Congratulations on getting an interview. They may ask you about how you organise your time and have a think about the Trust’s values (because they’re hot on that). I’ve had a few interviews via teams now and I’ve found sticking my notes around my laptop helps (I’ve used water bottles, juice bottles, anything tall and stuck with masking tape). They usually last about 30-40 minutes, I’ve found. Good luck!

Congratulations on getting an interview. They may ask you about how you organise your time and have a think about the Trust’s values (because they’re hot on that). I’ve had a few interviews via teams now and I’ve found sticking my notes around my laptop helps (I’ve used water bottles, juice bottles, anything tall and stuck with masking tape). They usually last about 30-40 minutes, I’ve found. Good luck!
Thanks for your help. X

Do they ask you questions like tell me about yourself? Why the Nhs? Dealing with difficult customer

Thanks for your help. X

Do they ask you questions like tell me about yourself? Why the Nhs? Dealing with difficult customer
DEFINITELY the trusts values. I had tell me about yourself, can you tell me what you know about the nhs 18 week rtt, what would You do if You were struggling to find a patients details, you’ve got to call a patient and cancel their operation last minute do to staff shortages - the patient is upset and distressed, how do you handle the phone call.

Thanks for your help. X

They could do, my interviews have been clinical based though. I haven’t been asked about why the nhs ever. Doesn’t mean they won’t ever ask it though. They might say ‘what skills can you offer us?’ or similar and will very likely ask about a difficult customer.

Do you know what questions they will ask
They may ask you about the trusts values, difficult situations/patients. They may ask you some scenarios eg patient enters, phone ringing and dr asking you for something who do you assist first? What you could bring to the role, what does team work mean to you? How would you deal with a difficult co worker things like that xx

How many questions do they normally ask? Does anyone know? Thanks for you help guys. It is a 39 minute interview

Hey guys, from experience, how long does the actual process of being offered the job to officially starting because I think it’s going to put me in an early grave because I’m so anxious... is it normal to feel like this when waiting for your start date? I don’t even know why! I’ve passed all my checks and every time I email HR they literally take a week to reply 😭

Hey guys, from experience, how long does the actual process of being offered the job to officially starting because I think it’s going to put me in an early grave because I’m so anxious... is it normal to feel like this when waiting for your start date? I don’t even know why! I’ve passed all my checks and every time I email HR they literally take a week to reply 😭
Every trust I’ve worked for seem to be so slow - my last job I had my interview in August, did all checks worked my months notice but still no start date - ended up starting in November and then had to wait til January for a full induction

Every trust I’ve worked for seem to be so slow - my last job I had my interview in August, did all checks worked my months notice but still no start date - ended up starting in November and then had to wait til January for a full induction
That’s a relief.. I think 🙈 my line manager said they wanted me to start ASAP so I thought it would be fairly quick but then she did say it’s all down to hr and almost did a bit of an eye roll as if to say they take an absolute age

That’s a relief.. I think 🙈 my line manager said they wanted me to start ASAP so I thought it would be fairly quick but then she did say it’s all down to hr and almost did a bit of an eye roll as if to say they take an absolute age
Yes HR and recruitment seen to take ages in my trust! They sent me for an occupational health interview before I could start too to check I had my vaccines (pre Covid so for BBV’s etc) etc - I was a bit confused but went along. Turned out they had me down as a nurse manager on a ward rather than admin and had to apologise for a wasted journey and my wasted time and send me home 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2