Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Ohhh he’s so cute ❤

I need some advice. My Syrian passed away in 2020 and I still haven’t been able to get rid of her cages/toys (even saying get rid makes me sad). I have kept her toys in a seperate box that I want to keep but I don’t know what to do with the cages. They’re massive. I feel awful throwing them away. Are there places where you can donate them? Would they take them if they’ve been used?
I usually keep mine in storage, I never know when they might come in useful but if your certain that you don't want it an you want to get rid of them I know animal charity's are pretty grateful for anything, the sspca here took a load of stuff when my dog passed, food he hadn't got round to eating, toys he barely looked at, old beds he rarely used, so long as it's in good condition an nothings broken then charity's are always happy

Snippysnips

VIP Member
I had been thinking about a roborovski but had never ever had one before and the pet shop said they were more just for looking at being so tiny an fast, I probably should have looked into it more since pet shops arnt always the greatest of advisers but ended up getting the syrian instead, I couldn't get another Russian cause they all looked so much like my last little guy an I wasn't quite ready to have a look a like

I hope he is happy even though he seems really nervous, I'll continue what am doing an see if by next month theres a difference in him, just out of curiosity how often was your syrian up? Mine seems to be very mostly night and no day, my Russian was a nap both day an night so he could be up both day an night

Yeah I love the meme 😂😂 that face

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
I wasn't sure what was causing it, kept buying him toys an hidys incause it was boredom, he gets out to run around as well but really seems to hate that so am stuck between keeping him in since he seems happy an taking him out cause I feel bad he's in all the time, at least I know now maybe it's just their nature lol, he's not in the bedroom so it doesn't bother me if he does it
My previous hamster used to love to forage so I would hide food all over the cage and inside this big woven chew thing, she'd keep occupied for ages trying to find it. Current hamster is lazy and would prefer me to handfeed him in bed than go find it for himself 🤣