Negative pregnancy test 3 days before period

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
TTC

any hope? 3 days before period and it’s negative. Anyone got any stories of having a negative test followed by a positive

I took one of those early pregnancy tests and a normal test 4 days before my period was due and they were both negative. A week later I found out I was pregnant. Good luck x

Reactions: 2
I wasn't TTC with my daughter but i remember feeling 'different' for about a week, i couldn't explain it but i felt off. So i took a pregnancy test on a Saturday evening and it was negative but i wasn't satisfied so i took another before work on a Monday morning and it was positive (very faint line)

Sorry if that wasn't very helpful but thought i would share? Good luck ✨👶

Reactions: 1
I took a pregnancy test a week before I went on holiday in oct 18 because I had a weird feeling I might be but had those early preggo/period is coming symptoms. It was negative. 2 weeks later I checked again cos my period still hadnt shown up que big fat positive and I was almost 6 weeks pregnant 🤣

Reactions: 2
With my first I had a negative test the day before I was due then got a positive the next day. If you’re using a digital then they are less sensitive. I’d really recommend First Response Early Result tests if testing before your period is due.

I knew with my son even before I'd missed a period, because my boobs felt awful! Had 3 negative tests afterwards as it was still too early to tell. Tests are much more reliable these days I think, especially the early response ones.

What sort of test was it? Some are more sensitive than others so if you are 3 days before your period you could easily be pregnant and a test which is only 25mui wouldn’t have picked it up.

I read recently that implantation is most common 8-10dpo, so assuming you have a normal 14 day luteal phase and your period is due in 3 days, you would be 11dpo and you could easily have implanted yesterday or day before and not have enough HCG yet. Not out until your period arrives 😊

Ttc is a tough old time. Best of luck x