Narcissistic?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is a trait of a narcissist?… falling out with a friend and then getting mutual ‘friends’ to follow. I cut people out for the reason that they were toxic and not supportive when I told them I was going through a tit time.

Narcissists can be very charming and often have a devoted ‘following‘ of people around them who hang off their every word. So yes it could be a trait.

Reactions: 2
My ex - he used to ignore me then love bomb me and say it was his fault I felt a need to help him and prove I could. He cheated on me and left me with major mental health

• Sad
Reactions: 3
My ex - he used to ignore me then love bomb me and say it was his fault I felt a need to help him and prove I could. He cheated on me and left me with major mental health
I’m talking about toxic female friendships I’m glad to be away from big groups and drama. Narcissistic people give you all the attention then drop you… they will only come back for their worth and not yours .

Reactions: 1
I’m talking about toxic female friendships I’m glad to be away from big groups and drama. Narcissistic people give you all the attention then drop you… they will only come back for their worth and not yours .
Oh I’m so sorry I know what you mean by this! My old best friend used to always want to be around me I would pay for everything all the time. When I removed myself from her she started saying awful things about me and posting status’s aimed at me I was like what? She did some awful things to me

• Sad
In all honesty they could be narcissists, but they could also be a lot of other things.

Have a read here:

Is a trait of a narcissist?… falling out with a friend and then getting mutual ‘friends’ to follow. I cut people out for the reason that they were toxic and not supportive when I told them I was going through a tit time.
Narcissism is a spectrum and we all have narcissistic traits. Picking sides after a falling out and not being there for someone going through a rough time is commonplace in romantic relationships and friendships. It’s a crappy thing to do but ≠ a personality disorder.

The term is thrown about too much these days. Narcissism is very pervasive and the criteria seems applicable to a lot of people e.g. “a need for excessive admiration”. One might think “yeah, they constantly wanted compliments”, but that’s not what it means. These people will carry out insidious acts and manipulate to the nth degree to get the attention they need to regulate themselves.

Narcissism is a spectrum and we all have narcissistic traits. Picking sides after a falling out and not being there for someone going through a rough time is commonplace in romantic relationships and friendships. It’s a crappy thing to do but ≠ a personality disorder.

The term is thrown about too much these days. Narcissism is very pervasive and the criteria seems applicable to a lot of people e.g. “a need for excessive admiration”. One might think “yeah, they constantly wanted compliments”, but that’s not what it means. These people will carry out insidious acts and manipulate to the nth degree to get the attention they need to regulate themselves.
And that’s why I got out of the group. Because of their behaviour towards others and lack of empathy. I’m so much happier away from toxic groups 😊.

Being part of a large group of women gives the sense of some security and comfort but the flip side to that is a lot of it isn’t real, a false reality where you may think you all share the same values but that’s very often not the case. In my experience I find it a lot more peaceful to be out of a large group and have a few friends I can count on one hand, I sometimes miss the good times but the gossip that goes on between groups of women far outweighs those good times imo. Once you know the signs of a narc you start to see how they have people playing their roles around them. Many narcs will also just go wherever they benefit the most, be it socially, financially, for the popularity etc
You will never be fooled by one twice though that’s for sure.

I'm in a group on Facebook and by the sounds of this post you have the same name and problems as the person who voiced theirs in the group. Not sure if you're the same person but if you are I hope you're alright and try not to worry about nasty people as some people thrive for drama x

The term is thrown around willy nilly nowadays. It’s also a narcissistic trait to cut people out when they’re not receiving the supply or attention they demand. We all have a part to play in our own suffering. We all have ‘toxic’ traits. Most of the time I find those that label others as ‘toxic’ usually have a hard time looking at their own wrongdoings. It’s worth having an open mind.

I'm in a group on Facebook and by the sounds of this post you have the same name and problems as the person who voiced theirs in the group. Not sure if you're the same person but if you are I hope you're alright and try not to worry about nasty people as some people thrive for drama x
Not sure if it’s Glasto related. But big groups are toxic

my ex did the same, and then he was always accusing me (and every other woman he and his equally awful friends went out with) of having personality disorders/being insane