Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
This is my absolute favourite podcast and nobody in my “real” life listens! This is also probably really weird but I often listen to a random episode to fall asleep to 😂 it’s strangely comforting!
my favourite all time moment was the nipples that were like the 3 inch rivets of the fated titanic 😂nearly crashed my car. I also live for Alice’s reactions, especially to rocky’s cervix references 👏🏻

Reactions: 7

Makaraka

VIP Member
Please anyone who listens to it!! I’m re listening and I just need some belinkers

Sorry admin if not allowed

• Heart
Reactions: 6

LucilleBluth

I also live for Alice’s reactions, especially to rocky’s cervix references 👏🏻
I love her laugh so so much
Just listening again and the episode where the woman releases ham cheese and baguettes from the 1001 balloons 😂😂
Mistress Sweetjuice omg
I love them all, I feel like they are my mates, I could definitely go and share a few bottles of Chilean Chardonnay with James, Jamie and Alice (who, if you like her, was on a recent ep of would I lie to you BTW!)
Same. I love their dynamic. Especially the way they take the piss out of Jamie 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4

CatCafe234

VIP Member
I’ve been listening to this whilst wfh. It’s utterly bonkers and I had to stop for a while as it was just so distracting. It’s probably the most unerotic thing I’ve ever listened to but it’s hilarious - ‘regional manager’ has a whole new meaning now.

• Haha

Makaraka

VIP Member
Just listening again and the episode where the woman releases ham cheese and baguettes from the 1001 balloons 😂😂

• Haha

harlequinade

I’m so thrilled there is a thread for this. None of my IRL friends listen to the podcast and I get some very funny looks when I recommend it.

Reactions: 3

Makaraka

VIP Member
Which is everyone's favourite book? I've almost finished book three on my re-listen and it's definitely by far my favourite, there are so many highlights - Alfie and the 20,000 free woks at the 02, the defrosted chicken kiev and trifle, Marco Auriguez knowing that he is (Boston) Brazillian, Claus Bloch and the goings-on at the Grovesnor, Andy Milston from the TGWU Union, Ken's terrifying basement flat and the Fuck Me Ken song, the Schweinsteiger siblings and Han's hand, the de Havilland transport plane and most of all the distribution of the orgy's clothing to charity shops throughout Belgium.

On the other hand I find book two pretty meh apart from the cliffhanger about Jim's op. In order I'd go 3 - 4 - 1 - 5 - 2.
I would agree with you! Book 3 is my favourite!

the fuck me Ken song 😂😂😂

• Haha

Bamse

I’m re listening for some light relief whilst driving to and from work at the moment, and even after the worst day it makes me smile or laugh. I love them all, I feel like they are my mates, I could definitely go and share a few bottles of Chilean Chardonnay with James, Jamie and Alice (who, if you like her, was on a recent ep of would I lie to you BTW!)
Anyone who hasn’t listened, give it a go, it’s hysterical and only gets better, really comes into its own season 3 onwards when you feel like you know everyone, including the bonkers world of steele’s. It’s heaven on a hat stand 😉

AnderbeauJohnson

VIP Member
Which is everyone's favourite book? I've almost finished book three on my re-listen and it's definitely by far my favourite, there are so many highlights - Alfie and the 20,000 free woks at the 02, the defrosted chicken kiev and trifle, Marco Auriguez knowing that he is (Boston) Brazillian, Claus Bloch and the goings-on at the Grovesnor, Andy Milston from the TGWU Union, Ken's terrifying basement flat and the Fuck Me Ken song, the Schweinsteiger siblings and Han's hand, the de Havilland transport plane and most of all the distribution of the orgy's clothing to charity shops throughout Belgium.

On the other hand I find book two pretty meh apart from the cliffhanger about Jim's op. In order I'd go 3 - 4 - 1 - 5 - 2.

The maze orgy/induction and introduction to Jim Sterling in the first book probably makes that my favourite.

However, you have just persuaded me to listen to all books again. 😅

I’m a fan of Bella! She’s the worst, yet the best.
Bella/Donna 😂

• Haha

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
I absolutely love this! Just finished book one after hearing a lot of people online saying how funny it was. Recommended it to two friends but neither are into podcasts so will not likely listen even though I know they'd both find it hilarious.

Reactions: 2

Makaraka

VIP Member
I've just made it to book five and looking forward to the Okay Georgie Porgie song.

What are people's favourite characters? Mine are George and the Duchess.
I was a big James Spooner fan!
I just loved how shit he was and his random gadgets!!
The duchess has to be up there for sure!
I’m rooting for a Des Martin/Belinda love affair 😂

mcfeez

VIP Member
Oh my god its amazing. Best podcast. We have tickets for the tour but the date has been pushed out twice already because of covid. I can't wait.