Morning sickness

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi guys
I’m in my 1st trimester of pregnancy and I’ve had relentless morning sickness ALL day and ALL night! I’ve tried everything in the book to help keep it at bay. But nothing is helping! I realise now that this is what il have for the next 4 weeks ish. I just want to hear some good positive stories from those who suffered the sickness aswell but it soon subsided and you started to feel better?!
this is my first baby and all created through IVF, so it’s taken a lot of time and emotions to get here and I’m sitting here crying most days cause I’m so fed up feeling so rotten all the time!

Please send some positive vibes this way

Hello I’m so sorry to hear about your terrible sickness. Have you heard of a condition called hyperemesis gravidarum? It might be a good idea to speak to your doctor And for them to check your ketone level.

I suffered with this Terrible condition the whole 9 months of my pregnancy, I won’t go into details unless you would like to hear my story, but please don’t go on suffering with the sickness, and I’m hear if you need to talk

Reactions: 1
Hello I’m so sorry to hear about your terrible sickness. Have you heard of a condition called hyperemesis gravidarum? It might be a good idea to speak to your doctor And for them to check your ketone level.

I suffered with this Terrible condition the whole 9 months of my pregnancy, I won’t go into details unless you would like to hear my story, but please don’t go on suffering with the sickness, and I’m hear if you need to talk
I have heard of it, I did go to A&E the other day as I wasn’t keeping anything down at all and they run tests and I wasn’t dehydrated or anything so I was sent on my way with some medication that worked for the first two days but now it does nothing! I don’t want to be taking any medication unless i have too and I know it’s definitely working!
Oh god , 9 months of it? How did you get on with living day to day? I find it hard just sitting up on the sofa 😖 I’ve signed myself off work cause I don’t feel safe working at all!

I have heard of it, I did go to A&E the other day as I wasn’t keeping anything down at all and they run tests and I wasn’t dehydrated or anything so I was sent on my way with some medication that worked for the first two days but now it does nothing! I don’t want to be taking any medication unless i have too and I know it’s definitely working!
Oh god , 9 months of it? How did you get on with living day to day? I find it hard just sitting up on the sofa 😖 I’ve signed myself off work cause I don’t feel safe working at all!
It was truly a nightmare 9 months for me, in and out of hospital on drips as I was so dehydrated and hungry. In the end I was on 3 different types of anti sickness including Cyclizine, Metroclopamide and ODensitron (which chemo patience have)

it was a very lonely time and there were days were I just wanted to end it all, but I had come so far for my little boy growing inside of me that kept me going.
You got this mumma, you are strong, and don’t think that just because you ketones where fine during that hospital visit, as the first time I was admitted to hospital I have only been to my doctor an hour beforehand and my ketone level was in the “safe” zone and then an hour later I was in hospital.

my mum had to fight the doctor to get me medicine as he didn’t believe how bad I was.

there is nothing wrong with taking anti sickness medicine Prescribed by the doctor, my son was born 100% healthy and is thriving.

Reactions: 1
Hi, congratulations!

How far along are you? Your hormones usually peak around 9/10 weeks pregnant so you might find your worst weeks for sickness will be around then.

I had terrible sickness with both my children, the second more so and was sick to the day I gave birth

Honestly, nothing much really helps its one of those obstacles you just have to deal with although I always felt a bit better if I just got up and dressed straight away and forced some breakfast down. Otherwise I would just fester on the sofa and feel absolutely awful!

I always kept a little stash of ginger biscuits in my bag to nibble at which sometimes helped. Never let yourself get hungry!

Hope you feel better soon xx

Reactions: 2
It was truly a nightmare 9 months for me, in and out of hospital on drips as I was so dehydrated and hungry. In the end I was on 3 different types of anti sickness including Cyclizine, Metroclopamide and ODensitron (which chemo patience have)

it was a very lonely time and there were days were I just wanted to end it all, but I had come so far for my little boy growing inside of me that kept me going.
You got this mumma, you are strong, and don’t think that just because you ketones where fine during that hospital visit, as the first time I was admitted to hospital I have only been to my doctor an hour beforehand and my ketone level was in the “safe” zone and then an hour later I was in hospital.

my mum had to fight the doctor to get me medicine as he didn’t believe how bad I was.

there is nothing wrong with taking anti sickness medicine Prescribed by the doctor, my son was born 100% healthy and is thriving.
I’m on cyclizine aswell as prochloperazine and then when I went to hospital they gave me promethazine, it’s more of w travel sickness tablet but it worked for a little while!
sounds horrendous for you bless you, i feel so low about it too, I just want to enjoy it so badly!! I hate when people say ‘sickness means your baby is growing well’ that’s great of course, but I also want to be able to get back to work and try live a normal life as possible! My husband broke his leg the other day so I’ve been looking after him aswell, it’s not been easy the last week or so,”.
I am 8 weeks today, so still a long way to go! I am definitely hearing mixed stories, like some have had bad sickness right to the end, some have had it but it stopped at 12 weeks! I really hope I’m like that
Thank you for your reply xx

Hi, congratulations!

How far along are you? Your hormones usually peak around 9/10 weeks pregnant so you might find your worst weeks for sickness will be around then.

I had terrible sickness with both my children, the second more so and was sick to the day I gave birth

Honestly, nothing much really helps its one of those obstacles you just have to deal with although I always felt a bit better if I just got up and dressed straight away and forced some breakfast down. Otherwise I would just fester on the sofa and feel absolutely awful!

I always kept a little stash of ginger biscuits in my bag to nibble at which sometimes helped. Never let yourself get hungry!

Hope you feel better soon xx
Hi , thank you!! I’m 8 weeks, and I feel like I’ve hit the peak already so I’m hoping it doesn’t get worse than this in 2 weeks otherwise I think il cry 🤣🤣🤣

I agree on getting up and dressed and Doing things, I find tidying and sitting up on the sofa quite helpful, but I do need my sick bowl to hand just incase! 🤢🤮
I’m also craving greasy food, all day! I’m worried I’m just gonna get enormous and the baby won’t be having the right nutrients it needs! I have tried eating fruit and veg but it just makes me want to spew 🤮 Xx

I was on 3 types of anti sickness medicines (Cyclizine and 2 others beginning with a P!) with both of my children in the first trimester but still felt pretty awful. My hyperemesis was a killer during my second pregnancy though and I ended up at the doctors at least once a week getting an anti sickness injection in my bum which helped abit! I would definitely speak to your doctor and see what options are available.

I second this x

Hello! I vomited relentless for about 12 weeks and lost nearly 2 stone in the process. All I can say is that it will pass and hang in there. I'd also say don't ever let yourself get hungry if that makes sense. Have some biscuits by your bed and have a little nibble as soon as you wake up. Don't even get out of bed without having a nibble. You might not feel like eating but try if you can. And it will pass! I felt amazing after about 14 weeks. X

Hello! I vomited relentless for about 12 weeks and lost nearly 2 stone in the process. All I can say is that it will pass and hang in there. I'd also say don't ever let yourself get hungry if that makes sense. Have some biscuits by your bed and have a little nibble as soon as you wake up. Don't even get out of bed without having a nibble. You might not feel like eating but try if you can. And it will pass! I felt amazing after about 14 weeks. X
Unfortunately sometimes it doesn’t pass