Mini pill/contraception advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Random question but has anyone had an increased appetite while on the mini pill? I’ve been on Desogestrel for just over a month now and can’t help but notice I feel hungry a lot more! I already feel like I’ve gained a bit of weight

it’s frustrating because I’ve tried pretty much everything else over the years so was hoping this would work well for me ☹
I have come off it now but I was exactly the same when I was on that pill!

Reactions: 1
I've come off it since my last post. My periods came back in the end and went berserk, I couldn't deal with it.

I have come off it now but I was exactly the same when I was on that pill!
ah no, It’s actually horrible how hungry I feel all the time. I don’t think hormonal contraception agrees with me at all, I always get the side effects that never settle. I’ve tried quite a lot of them now 👎🏽

• Heart
For what it's worth I have been on the contraceptive implant (Nexplanon) for over 7 years now and it was the best move ever. No periods. No PMT. Only get the occasional thigh/back ache like I used to get a few days before my period. Best part about it is I don't want to kill myself or anyone else for one week out of every month anymore!

Sorry for jumping on but was wondering if anyone had any advice/tips for managing side effects when coming off the pill.
I've tried just about every pill and the implant and unfortunately it seems that none of them agree with me.
The side effects I've had recently on the combined pill have been becoming more and more difficult to the point where I think taking a full break for a while would be beneficial.
Dreading the acne and other possible issue's are incoming tho 😭

Sorry for jumping on but was wondering if anyone had any advice/tips for managing side effects when coming off the pill.
I've tried just about every pill and the implant and unfortunately it seems that none of them agree with me.
The side effects I've had recently on the combined pill have been becoming more and more difficult to the point where I think taking a full break for a while would be beneficial.
Dreading the acne and other possible issue's are incoming tho 😭
Which pill are you on? I’ve recently come off and have had no side effects tbh, a couple of spots around my period but no acne, and my cycle is back to normal already. I feel tonnes better mentally and just wish I’d done it sooner tbh

Which pill are you on? I’ve recently come off and have had no side effects tbh, a couple of spots around my period but no acne, and my cycle is back to normal already. I feel tonnes better mentally and just wish I’d done it sooner tbh
I'm currently on marvelon, have been on this one for a few years. They all seem to start off ok, then the side effects begin creeping in and it's gotten to the point now where I can't cope lol mood is terrible, period's are actually worse now than they've ever been in terms of pain/bloating etc.
My worry mainly I suppose is bad acne as my skin would be prone to breakouts anyway. Although I'm hoping this could be from taking the pill and that it would maybe settle once I'm on a break?!
I'm currently on my 7 day break so thought now would be the best time to stop.
Haha sorry for the rant!!
When did you notice a change in mood after coming off?

I'm currently on marvelon, have been on this one for a few years. They all seem to start off ok, then the side effects begin creeping in and it's gotten to the point now where I can't cope lol mood is terrible, period's are actually worse now than they've ever been in terms of pain/bloating etc.
My worry mainly I suppose is bad acne as my skin would be prone to breakouts anyway. Although I'm hoping this could be from taking the pill and that it would maybe settle once I'm on a break?!
I'm currently on my 7 day break so thought now would be the best time to stop.
Haha sorry for the rant!!
When did you notice a change in mood after coming off?
Ah okay I’ve not tried that one (but have had most of the others!) I know exactly what you mean about the side effect creep, I thought my latest pill hadn’t affected me for ages. It took about a week but I feel so much better I can’t even tell you, I had a really low mood and was struggling to get out of bed, and it made my anxiety worse. I was also really tearful and cried a few times a week at least. Within a week I had no low mood at all anymore and I haven’t cried in about 6 weeks! Coming off on the 7 day break definitely makes most sense

Ah okay I’ve not tried that one (but have had most of the others!) I know exactly what you mean about the side effect creep, I thought my latest pill hadn’t affected me for ages. It took about a week but I feel so much better I can’t even tell you, I had a really low mood and was struggling to get out of bed, and it made my anxiety worse. I was also really tearful and cried a few times a week at least. Within a week I had no low mood at all anymore and I haven’t cried in about 6 weeks! Coming off on the 7 day break definitely makes most sense
I suppose you just don't even think on blaming the pill especially if its been changed to a 'better' one according to your GP! Scary how much it does impact on your daily living tho isn't it? I'm excited to see who I am without it tbh.
Haha don't even the crying all the time is the worst isn't it? So glad you've found it beneficial and pretty straight forward tho!
Thanks for your help, I'll check in over the next while with an update 😊

• Heart