MH370 Documentary - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone watched the documentary? Interested to hear people’s thoughts and opinions about what happened.

Reactions: 8
Has anyone watched the documentary? Interested to hear people’s thoughts and opinions about what happened.
Yess! And then I came straight here to look for a thread!

Ok, let's kick it off... did you believe any of the three theories presented? If Mark from Imnarstat is lying I will be devastated because he seems like such a sweet and innocent guy.

Florence and Jeff have valid points but are also very sucked into their own theories... Blaine seems to want to do the right thing but also a coincidence that he just simply asks someone where to go and find evidence and bullseye!! It's sitting there on the beach waiting for him! (Don't buy it!).

Do I think it was politically motivated? Yes, rather than pilot suicide etc.

I hope to god we find out what happened in my life time... someone knows the truth. My heart bleeds for the families but I was so amazed by everything they did and the fights they took on.

Reactions: 9
Loved the documentary! It’s such a strange case. I find the pilot suicide theory hard to believe. I don’t buy that he would want to commit mass murder, as well as taking his own life. I know you never know what’s going on inside a person’s head, but he didn’t come across as someone who would want to kill hundreds of innocent people.

Florence and Jeff made interesting points, although I’m more inclined to believe Florence’s theory about the plane being shot down in the South China Sea above Jeff’s theory about the plane flying north to Kazakhstan. I’m not sure how they would have concealed that. The Russian passengers hacking the plane controls did seem quite far fetched too and didn’t someone say you can’t steer the plane that way?

Interesting there was what looked like wreckage in the South China Sea, but nobody was interested in checking it out. Also very interesting to find out about the cargo on the plane that was destined for China. And that a witness reported seeing a plane on fire in the sky that night.

Obviously the South China Sea theory would mean that Inmarsat are lying and I’m not sure they would. The guy from there did seem very genuine too.

Blaine I couldn’t work out. He seemed to have good intentions, but strange that he’s the one person who seems to find all this debris.

Overall just a mind boggling case and can’t imagine the trauma the families have been through and continue to go through. I really hope we get answers one day, but I’m not sure we will.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
There was an interesting documentary shown on Channel 4 or 5 a while ago that touched on the suicide theory. It focused a lot on the poor handling by the Malaysian government

I haven't actually watched this particular documentary but I remember that one of the points (it may have also been on Reddit) was that there was some sort of behaviour which suggests that the pilot may have been communicating (or trying to) with air traffic control or whoever during the ordeal - a bit of a hostage situation. At the time there were issues with the airline/company and the workers not being treated well, so the theory goes that this is the reason everything went down with the pilot committing murder-suicide

Reactions: 3
I just finished watching this. I have always found it hard to believe the official narrative on this.

I do think something or someone was on that flight that powerful nation/s didn't want reaching it's official destination. As to what happened to the plane I'm just not sure. I think smoke and mirrors have been applied at every stage.

I agree with the guy who said it seems very unlikely that two MH planes were involved in incidents so quickly.

Possibly it did go down (shot?) in the South China sea, smoke and mirrors were applied so everyone searched elsewhere while the proper search took place to find whatever it was that was in board so it didn't get into the wrong hands? Or maybe it was flown somewhere and landed.

Some questions I have from documentary that are unanswered.

There was talk at beginning of family being able to connect to mobile phones of people on the plane, one even got a call that they didn't answer in time. How can the locations of these phones not be traced? It was only 9 years ago, phones could be traced then surely?

And why was it the FBI who searched the captain's house, how did they have jurisdiction for this?

I too hope we find out what happened in my lifetime.

Reactions: 7
i watched it and it really annoyed me! There was too much jumping around and leading you up one path, only to rubbish it later. I’m more confused now than I was before, that was at least 50% too long for my liking.

Due to the other flight MH being shot down, I’d go with Russian involvement, not sure how and why as none of it makes sense.

If there was a problem with the pressure/oxygen then it’s possible everyone was unconscious very quickly and it could have dropped into the sea. Possible the pilot/crew acted quickly to put it into an expanse of ocean rather than having it drop on populated land, hence the strange flight path.

Last edited:
I felt the documentary could've been longer - instead of just focusing on the three conspiracy theorists and a few of the passengers' loved ones, they could've widened the net and interviewed others - such as Mike McKay, the NZer who was working on the oil rig and saw a plane on fire go down. Mike's reputation was pretty much stuffed after he told of his account, and he struggled to find work. There was also a Cathay Pacific pilot who saw the same thing.

The only new thing in the documentary - to my ears - was that a loved one of one of the passengers received a call from her father, who was on board that plane, while they were waiting to hear news of what could have happened. How unfortunate that she didn't answer it straight away (by the time she did, the connection was lost).

I personally believe that the French man's theory is extremely plausible, as is that of the French writer (they were essentially the same) - in that the communications were taken down by two US fighter jets, then the plane blown up because they didn't want the technology - which was of a cloaking nature - to get into China's hands. Unfortunately the many passengers were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

When it first happened, I was following a "seer" who was remote viewing all that was occurring. I won't link her page here because - disappointingly - she has changed much of what she wrote at the time (I wish I'd screenshot it!), but she said the plane had been taken to a remote island in the Pacific, then to Diego Garcia ... at that point the passengers were still alive. Weeks later (according to her), MH370 was switched with the 'real' MH17, and it was that plane which was shot down - by Ukraine, not Russia, as has been reported (again, this is what she saw, not my opinion). The passengers on MH17 as well as MH370 were on that plane (with the latter being stored in with the luggage). This would explain why some of the first to the scene reported seeing 'old-looking' corpses.

This particular "seer" also focused in on Paul Weekes, a NZer aboard the plane. She said that she could see him getting frustrated with his briefcase - kicking and throwing it, and tossing papers into a fire in anger saying something like, "There, are you happy?" - this sounded strange, as he wasn't one of the "key" people on the plane -- meaning the inventors of a certain something.

Paul's wife, Danica, has gone on to remarry and is now living on the Sunshine Coast in Australia. I really hope she is happy - I get really upset watching her in interviews as her emotion is so, so raw.

I'd never heard of the French man before watching this documentary, but also felt really cut up watching his accounts. He is incredibly worn down and broken. He does still have one son with him.

Please don't get me wrong - I feel deep sympathy for all the loved ones - but these two especially hit a very emotional nerve. I don't think they will ever get answers. The tenacity of the French man is incredible, but he and his lawyer will only hit brick walls. High-powered countries and people are protecting each other in this.

PS: I don't believe Blaine for a minute. How convenient that he found all those pieces. They've been discounted anyway, as the numbers or something didn't line up. For anyone interested in the 'MH17 was MH370' theory, see:

I(A lot of the old links have been removed, along with the photos).

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I linked the Helios tragedy to show that the plane flew on autopilot most of its journey, for more than an hour!

I linked the Helios tragedy to show that the plane flew on autopilot most of its journey, for more than an hour!
I have never heard of this plane crash, how terrifying and such an avoidable accident.

As for MH370, I like to think it wasn't the pilot. One of the theories in the show - he incapacitated everyone except himself then flew for 7 hours before downing the plane - is just horrific to imagine.

Reactions: 5
i watched it and it really annoyed me! There was too much jumping around and leading you up one path, only to rubbish it later. I’m more confused now than I was before, that was at least 50% too long for my liking.

Due to the other flight MH being shot down, I’d go with Russian involvement, not sure how and why as none of it makes sense.

If there was a problem with the pressure/oxygen then it’s possible everyone was unconscious very quickly and it could have dropped into the sea. Possible the pilot/crew acted quickly to put it into an expanse of ocean rather than having it drop on populated land, hence the strange flight path.

I wondered if the turn was part of some move to try to get to an airport after a major systems failure but they were overcome by a pressure/oxygen issue before they managed and so it just carried on until it ran out of fuel.

I have never heard of this plane crash, how terrifying and such an avoidable accident.

As for MH370, I like to think it wasn't the pilot. One of the theories in the show - he incapacitated everyone except himself then flew for 7 hours before downing the plane - is just horrific to imagine.
I can’t imagine this at all. Flying for seven hours? If he did it deliberately I think it surely would go more in with Hotes, maybe incapacitating everyone and pointing towards the ocean and him then incapacitating himself and it flying itself the rest of the way.

I also can’t believe that the Americans would have shot down a passenger jet from a friendly country and I agree with the expert who said that if they had it would probably be known and require various countries to keep schtum about it and someone would have leaked by now.

Russian involvement I can see, and it could even line up with what the French said - if the Americans know it was almost certainly Russian involvement then they know what happened to it, they just didn’t do it.

Reactions: 2
I personally find the “deliberate attack to stop comms equipment getting to China” far fetched, because that equipment will get to China one way or another. You’re not going to kill near 300 people every time China might get their hands on some equipment.

I just finished watching this. I have always found it hard to believe the official narrative on this.

I do think something or someone was on that flight that powerful nation/s didn't want reaching it's official destination. As to what happened to the plane I'm just not sure. I think smoke and mirrors have been applied at every stage.

I agree with the guy who said it seems very unlikely that two MH planes were involved in incidents so quickly.

Possibly it did go down (shot?) in the South China sea, smoke and mirrors were applied so everyone searched elsewhere while the proper search took place to find whatever it was that was in board so it didn't get into the wrong hands? Or maybe it was flown somewhere and landed.

Some questions I have from documentary that are unanswered.

There was talk at beginning of family being able to connect to mobile phones of people on the plane, one even got a call that they didn't answer in time. How can the locations of these phones not be traced? It was only 9 years ago, phones could be traced then surely?

And why was it the FBI who searched the captain's house, how did they have jurisdiction for this?

I too hope we find out what happened in my lifetime.
The mobile phone thing was so mind blowing!!! I feel like I don't remember that being a major thing at the time yet it is actually the most crucial part of it all... especially the incoming call and the fact the passengers had celluar/network connection meaning they were on land somewhere i.e., not in the south china sea or southern indian ocean. How on earth do you hesitate so much to miss that call... was so frustrating.

The mobile phone thing was so mind blowing!!! I feel like I don't remember that being a major thing at the time yet it is actually the most crucial part of it all... especially the incoming call and the fact the passengers had celluar/network connection meaning they were on land somewhere i.e., not in the south china sea or southern indian ocean. How on earth do you hesitate so much to miss that call... was so frustrating.
I had forgotten about this! How have they never explained this? Surely if they crashed into the ocean, their phones wouldn't work and surely would not be making outgoing calls.

Reactions: 2
I had forgotten about this! How have they never explained this? Surely if they crashed into the ocean, their phones wouldn't work and surely would not be making outgoing calls.
I just feel like it could have been a weird glitch in the system? It would have been good if they could have explained if that is possible, or if it can really only happen if that number calls you though. And what about those mobile phone tower “pings” the police can trace in murderinvestigations? Couldn’t they trace the ping of the dad’s phone to a tower or satellite?
Saying that I think they were Chinese and so their government aren’t likely to help with that kind of thing.

I haven’t finished watching it yet but I had no idea that one of the relatives had a missed call from their loved one on the plane. That is honestly mind blowing and I can’t believe it hasn’t been mentioned more in the media. It gives me shivers. Definitely seems like something dodgy has happened with that plane although I have no idea what

I haven’t finished watching it yet but I had no idea that one of the relatives had a missed call from their loved one on the plane. That is honestly mind blowing and I can’t believe it hasn’t been mentioned more in the media. It gives me shivers. Definitely seems like something dodgy has happened with that plane although I have no idea what
It wasn’t just on the plane, it was after the plane would have run out of fuel. Yes it was someone from the plane, but it was long after it was declared missing.

Reactions: 4
Stopped watching during the 2nd episode, was all getting a bit too conspiracy theory driven for me

I watched this. I honestly can’t believe in this day and age that a plane can go missing basically without a trace. I feel so sad for all the families as the not knowing and all the theories must be beyond traumatic for them.

I just watched all of it and I have to say the only person I believe in all of it is the French guy. Someone definitely knows something and they’re not saying for whatever reason.

Netflix is a literal shitshow.

There are so many details of the flight that point to the pilot's deliberate actions, which were left out of this "documentary" so Netflix could get his sobbing widow on board, instead promulgating harebrained conspiracy theories. Really grim day and age we're in.

Reactions: 1