Mel B

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was my favourite in the Spice Girls, thought she had her own genuine thing going on; Sounds like shes made some wrong choices in her life which is sad but to me to now she comes across as arrogant and I imagine rude.

Why shes had plastic surgery I dont know as I thought she was quite pretty, saw her on the One Show a month or two back and wasnt sure it was her 👀 Face looking bit tight

Reactions: 3
She’s unpleasant and gobby , regardless of her trials and tribulations.

Years ago , at the height of their fame , the Spice Girls did a documentary and Mel B was looking for a ‘chill out’ apartment in New York.

She was rude and snotty.
I remember this. She was looking for an apartment in Brooklyn and the lady showing her around said she would have to wait to see the rooftop and Mel B was like why ' has it got poo on it?' I remember because she was so shockingly rude arrogant and ignorant. A terrible combination. She was just awful.

Phoenix her daughter is now trying to be a celebrity.

Remember Jimmy Gulzar? He seemed like a complete freeloader.

Why did her ex in the US get custody of the youngest Madison does anyone know?

Her and hubby hiring the nanny to have threesomes with her was one of the sleaziest things I ever heard.

Reactions: 1
Phoenix her daughter is now trying to be a celebrity.

Remember Jimmy Gulzar? He seemed like a complete freeloader.

Why did her ex in the US get custody of the youngest Madison does anyone know?

Her and hubby hiring the nanny to have threesomes with her was one of the sleaziest things I ever heard.
Isn’t that the show where Melanie c fucked up her knee while doing judo?

Reactions: 2
I read her book yesterday after not really following her closely since spice girls….

damn. It was HEARTBREAKING. The amount of abuse her daughter Phoenix suffered 💔. How she was the only one treated so bad, how her beloved dog was treated. Genuinely have an emotional hangover…

I really hope her daughters are all able to recover from this, particularly Phoenix. The poor girl had nobody to stop this!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I adored Mel B as a kid. She was the first mixed-race woman I had ever seen in the mainstream and I felt a kinship with her. She was so cool in the beginning, but it went downhill. I'll never forget when she got with Eddie Murphy and announced to the press that the baby's name was 'Fortuna' = fortune. Or when the nanny gave a legal statement that she was often so high on drugs that one of many a strange men she had brought in tried to shower with her toddler daughter.

I know same has reclaimed the narrative a bit since then, but she definitely has a really nasty, unpleasant side it seems.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I don’t know what happened to poor Phoenix, but she did have Jimmy Gulzar. He’s been pretty much demonised, but he’s never done wrong by Phoenix - even moving to the US to live and work illegally so he could still be near her. We hear a lot about “deadbeat dads”, but it’s not often we hear of one who will go to such lengths to support their child.

Reactions: 6
I don’t know what happened to poor Phoenix, but she did have Jimmy Gulzar. He’s been pretty much demonised, but he’s never done wrong by Phoenix - even moving to the US to live and work illegally so he could still be near her. We hear a lot about “deadbeat dads”, but it’s not often we hear of one who will go to such lengths to support their child.
In the book Mel B talks about Stephen isolating her from her family/friends so Phoenix didn’t have her dad around during that time. Phoenix at one point called her grandma crying about the abuse and then when the grandma tried to intervene she was totally iced out, phones & emails changed. They didn’t speak then for 9 years. But a year after the phone call from Phoenix her grandma arranged for Jimmy to make a custody bid which he then won some custody.

there’s a chapter of the book (think there’s been extra chapters added) which is Phoenix saying her side of the story and how much she was treated (she wasn’t even allowed to eat food of a table, had to be off the floor).. She speaks so lovingly of her mother surprisingly, saying it was all good when it was her & her mother etc.

also the daughter Madison who’s only 10 still lives primarily with Stephen (Mel B couldn’t get custody) so lord only knows what that poor child is still going through.

Mel B talks in the book about how she’s a survivor of abuse and that nobody can call her a bad mother. I know it’s complex but Lordy lord 😫😫 I just couldn’t deal with the guilt of my daughter suffering the way P in particular did.

also in the book she talks a lot about her childhood which does explain a lot! They had to walk on eggshells round her strict dad & he caned them.

• Sad
Yep - I didn't have much time for him initially as he seemed to be a golddigger, but it sounds like he really stepped up to the plate for his child. A lot of men wouldn't bother.
---
I adored Mel B as a kid. She was the first mixed-race woman I had ever seen in the mainstream and I felt a kinship with her. She was so cool in the beginning, but it went downhill. I'll never forget when she got with Eddie Murphy and announced to the press that the baby's name was 'Fortuna' = fortune. Or when the nanny gave a legal statement that she was often so high on drugs that one of many a strange men she had brought in tried to shower with her toddler daughter.

I know same has reclaimed the narrative a bit since then, but she definitely has a really nasty, unpleasant side it seems.
I agree I find it hard to like her, because of incidents like the above plus the fact that she and hubby hired the kids teenage nanny basically to shag them.