Martijn Doolaard

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought it was about time this guy had a thread of his own. If it is in the wrong place, can someone change the location.
Martijn Doolaard is from the Netherlands, and is currently renovating a stone barn in the Italian Alps. He has many strings to his bow, he makes brilliant videos, can cook, has cycled around the world, and he occasionally paints pictures.
The videos are beautifully produced, and are relaxing to watch. Up until now it has been inspiring watching his craftsmanship. However I have just watched his latest video, and had to stop watching it. Out of the blue, he anounces that he is going camping for the night, in a new vehicle that has not been seen before. To be fair, he does go on camping trips, but I feel there is more to this video than meets the eye.
He travelled to the camping destination, and proceeded to demonstrate the tent thing, that was attatched to the roof. The vehicle, a Range Rover had a web address printed on the body work of the Landrover, "wildfoxadventures.com.
I have rewatched this part of the video, and it appears the his friend Lorenzo lent him the Landrover. However I couldn't help thinking that this video, was in actuality a promotion for the Landrover. Unfortunately I have become quite jaded with off grid living bloggers, because of channels like The Indie Projects.
I checked out the comment section of this video, on Youtube, all the comments are positive. If the truth be known, I do feel a little awful posting this thread, because he is well liked and respected. I am curious to know what other people think of his channel.

You are right. In the YouTube video where Martijn Doolaard promoted the Land Rover (2 weeks ago), he also promoted his friends camping business, a tent brand and 3 or 4 brands of boots without declaring whether any, or all parts of the video content was sponsored. He even went so far as to state that one of the boot brands was the 'Land Rover of boots'! To my mind, this is deceitful and and unacceptable when other content creators are declaring everything they are showcasing to their viewers whether sponsored or not. In fact I added a comment on the video but it was deleted. Perhaps that is why Martijn Doolaard's videos have nothing but positive comments? This is the second time a comment of mine relating to possible undeclared sponsorship has been removed from one of Martijn Doolard's videos. I enjoyed his content in the beginning but now feel as a viewer that I am being somewhat manipulated and exploited.
---

Last edited:
Hello and welcom to the thread. You are quite right about all your observations.
What particulary irks me, are the people who donate money, to this obviously wealthy man. It just seems wrong to me.
I have now unsubscribed from his channel, and have not watched his latest video.

I've started watching his channel again. I really dislike the amount of adverts that YouTube are showing during his videos. It is becoming increasingly difficult to watch them.