Marriage/relationships after children

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dont necessarily think it's bad but things get a million times hard when you have kids. It also doesn't help that we are locked down with our respective partners right now and even the smallest things are insanely annoying!!

Reactions: 2
Been together 12 years, married for 4. Everything was great until we had our first son and then lack of sleep and time made my husbands depression come to the forefront and there was cheating and a whole lot of ‘checking out’ on his part. I had got pregnant again (not planned) just before things got really bad and we’ve spent the last year trying to get things back together. He went to the doctors and sought help as a condition of me staying in the marriage. It’s been really REALLY tough and I’d give anything to go back to those earlier ‘in love’ days where we were so carefree.

Reactions: 1
It was hard. I'm in contact with a few other Mums who have kids with cancer and/or have lost children and out of our little 'group' over half of us have had a relationship end. It's a lot of stress on anyone and it just effects everything. Aspects of life that you wouldn't think it would effect. I wish we'd lasted together as we're the only people who truly understand how the other feels but he didn't want couples therapy and made no effort to fix it so it was clear to me that his heart wasn't in it anymore. I wish I'd done it sooner, now.

It is so true though that you don't know how having children will effect your relationship until it does.

Reactions: 1
Wow this is amazing... We've been having a real laugh the past few days. I even said to him 'nobody makes me laugh the way you do, this is why I married you'.

This is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing xx

Reactions: 4
I started reading The Art of Loving by Erich Fromm and think this passage is so relevant to this thread!

For me it backs up the idea that 'falling in love' isn't a choice and is only temporary, but real, lasting love is a choice.

Reactions: 2