Mare of Easttown - HBO

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m loving it. I think it’s really well written and acted and just love the overall feel of it. Kate is amazing and could watch Evan Peters in anything.
Mare’s emotional trauma when she was talking to the woman about her grandson’s tics was so raw and so repressed.
The end of the last episode seemed to come quite out of the blue but I get that there’s only another 4 eps for a limited series so I spose they’ve got to get things going.
The dodgy deacon is defo some sort of red herring and Guy Pearce is waaayyyy too vanilla so far. Reckon there’s more to him.

Reactions: 7
I was confused too. But then I was also shocked by the ending of episode 3.
Yep, I'm usually quite good at predicting what's going to happen but this one is keeping me guessing. I wonder if he's covering for someone?

Reactions: 2
Who deleted the CCTV? I’ve just watched ep 3, can’t rewatch just now because football 🙄

I started watching this assuming it was all available on demand and so annoyed it’s not! I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Reactions: 4
I wonder what significance the crack addict brother who broke into his sisters house at the beginning of the first episode was? Maybe nothing, but I always think in these type of shows that you meet the perp early on, then they send you off track. Perhaps he was just there to show how Mare fits into the town etc, but I’m wondering if he could be a witness? Also think the cctv could hold a clue later. Really enjoying it, but of a True Detective darkness to it.

Reactions: 3
I thought the break-in, drug addict brother/sister scenes were to establish what type of town this is and how Mare does her job within those challenges of poverty and drugs etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I thought the break-in, drug addict brother/sister scenes were to establish what type of town this is and how Mare does her job within those challenges of poverty and drugs etc.
Yeh I think I’m over thinking things, they were just setting the scene.
Do the cousins of the victims dad keep giving each other ‘knowing’ looks?

Reactions: 3
Really enjoying this, big Kate Winslet fan so that's a bonus. Would have loved all the episodes to have been available.

Reactions: 2