Managing an under active thyroid?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a reminder that I have to call on Friday to make an app for more bloods. they are doing them every 6 weeks just now and I think that's how long it takes for the dosage changes to show? Do you think/know if this is why I am unable to loose weight just now?

a few years back I was eating the same thing and walking like I do now but lost 2.5 stone but I am putting on more weight just now and honestly don't understand how!! I am at the point now where I have said sod it, tonight I am having the same as my bf for dinner, chicken fajitas!! xx
Only thing that's really worked for me is keto diet (high fat, low carb and low sugar) and weight training. Cardio doesn't have much of an effect for me. That might not be thyroid related though!

Reactions: 1
Only thing that's really worked for me is keto diet (high fat, low carb and low sugar) and weight training. Cardio doesn't have much of an effect for me. That might not be thyroid related though!
Yes! Cutting out gluten can often help. Getting tested for coeluc disease first, another thing to ask your GP for.

Reactions: 1
Yes! Cutting out gluten can often help. Getting tested for coeluc disease first, another thing to ask your GP for.
Coeliac disease. I had a test and it was negative. It’s important to do that before embarking on a gluten free diet.

so....I got a letter from the hospital yesterday. I also have PCOS....something I have thought for years but every PG told me no xx

I have an under active thyroid but it was not diagnosed until I was older. If nothing hapens it would be worth getting a full thyroid blood test done privately. It would show up if you are lacking any other vitamins or minerals. Once you get your results there are people on the thyroid forum who will help you interpret them. A lot of people suggest T3 supplements but I have not tried them so can't comment. I always find it harder to manage in very cold or hot weather. I hope you do get a referral to an endocrinologist.

Reactions: 2
I have an under active thyroid but it was not diagnosed until I was older. If nothing hapens it would be worth getting a full thyroid blood test done privately. It would show up if you are lacking any other vitamins or minerals. Once you get your results there are people on the thyroid forum who will help you interpret them. A lot of people suggest T3 supplements but I have not tried them so can't comment. I always find it harder to manage in very cold or hot weather. I hope you do get a referral to an endocrinologist.
Yes, that Health Unlocked thyroid forum can direct a person to companies that will do these tests and they often do discounted tests at certain times of the month.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Don’t have one day “off”, pay attention to when you are full and stop eating at that point. Don’t snack between meals. Do at least 30 mins vigorous exercise daily

Glad you have a diagnoses now. Did you go back to GP for endo referral?
Well, that's another story in itself... I called last week and asked for pain killers... I need Solpadol and was told no YET AGAIN. I've been at this surgery since June 2019 and they never allow me pain killers. I decided to write a letter asking why there is an issue and also requested the referral in the letter along with copies of all my blood work.... We shall see if I get a reply but I'm not holding out much hope xx

Well, that's another story in itself... I called last week and asked for pain killers... I need Solpadol and was told no YET AGAIN. I've been at this surgery since June 2019 and they never allow me pain killers. I decided to write a letter asking why there is an issue and also requested the referral in the letter along with copies of all my blood work.... We shall see if I get a reply but I'm not holding out much hope xx
Can you change GP?

Well. I live quite rural n I am just outside the area that covers my old doctors. But they are closing down in April too. The NHS and taking it back as the service as they have too many complaints about it xx
Oh dear, where will all those patients go?