Makeup removal methods

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I use Garnier Micellar water to remove my eye makeup, I’ve found it to be the best. I then double cleanse using Clean it Zero (oil cleanser that just melts away your makeup and leaves your skin feeling really clean) and then Cosrx good morning gel cleanser.

I’ve tried all sorts over the years and my skin has really cleared up since using these as my pores must have been so clogged before from not properly removing makeup. I used to just use baby wipes 😳 my eyes were always so sore as well as I had to rub and rub.

Double cleanse, oil first, I like Clinique take the day away or DHC cleansing oil. Then I use a cleanser like Cera Ve Hydrating or La Roche Posey.

I find this is good for even eye make up but if you wear really heavy eye make up, I like Lancôme eye make up remover first before the oil.

I use the blue Garnier Micellar water, it honestly gets all my eye make up off the best, then il wash my face with whatever face wash I’m using at the time, although I do love the simple clay polish face wash and liz Earle too and then I use either skin food or the ordinary face cream (don’t know the actual name)

Micellar water on cotton pads for my eye make up, then Liz Earle cleanse and polish for the rest of my face. Used to use the Emma Hardie cleansing balm and really liked it but it’s pretty pricey.

I find those magic make-up cloths the best with just water. The microfibre or whatever ones. Primark do them for a few quid just as good at the £16 ones. Added bonus that they are more environmentally friendly, that’s very much secondary though.
I use at various times make-up wipes, garnier micellar, Superdrug’s cleanse and polish rip off, Estée Lauder cleanser in the pink tube all of which I’d say are good for cleansing, In combinations or on their own, it just depends what I can be bothered with or where I am.... but the cloths are the only things that I don’t get panda eyes the next day, just a cloth and warm water.

Reactions: 2
I find those magic make-up cloths the best with just water. The microfibre or whatever ones. Primark do them for a few quid just as good at the £16 ones. Added bonus that they are more environmentally friendly, that’s very much secondary though.
I’ve been wanting to convert to these but just wasn’t convinced - I don’t get how they work! Didn’t know primark did them either, will definitely have to get some to try now

Reactions: 1
Body shop chamomile butter/makeup remover stuff! Amazing! And I have quite greasy skin anyway but it doesn’t block my pores or make my skin feel greasy at all!

Make up wipe, then make up remover with Cotton pads. Very surprising how much comes off on the pads!

What is everyone’s makeup removal method? Does anyone else find it impossible to get rid of all eye makeup?

I don’t know if I’m just super lazy and incompetent but when when I really try to remove it all (I do wear liquid eyeliner and mascara) I always end up with black panda eyes the next day 👀 😂
I actually find hot water removes it best. I wet my fingers and then rub it off my lashes. Then after, do a proper cleanse lol.

I use the superdrug foaming tea tree cleanser is extremely good at removing make up.

If it is stubborn make up I will use an oil. Any oil will do, bio oil, etc.

Like been mentioned the Simple eye make up remover is good. I wear waterproof mascara and I put some on a cotton pad, and hold it on my eyes for a bit then wipe. Sometimes needs another wipe with more remover on a clean pad, repeat until clean.

I use at various times make-up wipes, garnier micellar, Superdrug’s cleanse and polish rip off, Estée Lauder cleanser in the pink tube all of which I’d say are good for cleansing, In combinations or on their own, it just depends what I can be bothered with or where I am.... but the cloths are the only things that I don’t get panda eyes the next day, just a cloth and warm water.
Yes, these work well! I was surprised.

I use Emma Hardie moringa cleansing balm, then take it off with a wet flannel or Muslim cloth, and it makes my skin glow! I always had terrible skin before I tried it. It also makes my skin so soft, and takes all the make up off. It can be ££ but I often find it cheaper in tkmaxx. I follow it up with the brilliance facial oil.

Hot cloth cleanser, I use the Aldi Liz Earle dupe ones. The Vitamin C one is my fave.

Followed by a facial oil, I like Sanctuary one or Boots Botanics one.