Lush bath bombs for a tenner!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The shampoo bars are the only thing I buy from lush, as it lasts a long time and saves on plastic bottles

I used to love the blue shampoo bar, it made my hair feel so soft, and that was one thing I found good value from Lush because it did last ages

⬆ I agree about the ingredients, with all their carping on you would expect them to be SLS free, paraben free etc.

I live near Poole/Bournemouth and when I was younger my Dad was a haulier from a site next door to their factory. He said the stench coming from it was overpowering, much like their shops.

I strongly recommend having a read of the blog I linked to a few posts back - the posts tagged "The Smell of Bullshit".
Thanks for the link.

Lush have been very smart with their marketing by not using traditional adverts and using infuencers. They've managed to make people think it's a natural brand even though it's full of nasty Ingredients. Just adding a few drops of something natural doesn't make the whole thing natural. Niomi smart didn't get away with that.

They're a real love them or hate them brand and so many people love them.

Reactions: 1
⬆ I agree about the ingredients, with all their carping on you would expect them to be SLS free, paraben free etc.

I live near Poole/Bournemouth and when I was younger my Dad was a haulier from a site next door to their factory. He said the stench coming from it was overpowering, much like their shops.

I strongly recommend having a read of the blog I linked to a few posts back - the posts tagged "The Smell of Bullshit".
Thank you I will check that out :)

I remember even as a young girl walking past the Lush shop and the scent was overpowering. I asked the assistant how she deals with the scent day in, day out, and she said 'what scent? oh that, I am used to it! Don't even notice it anymore'. Lol Interesting about the factory. I bet it'd knock a person bandy just entering lol

The amount of product they give away to ‘insta/Youtubers make me never want to shop there!

Reactions: 2
I know! It angers me when I see millionaires gifted box after giant box full of products worth a fortune, just to get the poorer people to fork out their pennies for one. Seriously, why is that a thing. If they gave those huge boxes to deserving people like a hostel or something I'd be far more interested in watching their delighted responses, than zoe sitting on her arse in her black and white mansion floor, struggling to name any of them correctly and wondering why they are gooey to the touch.

But then a part of me thinks, they don't know what's in them and use them daily hehehe :devilish: Sometimes being poorer is a blessing haha!

I have a friend who made it super rich and in my 20's I was envious of all the treatments she could get, but for me that manifested in feeling sad I couldn't take care of myself as good. And I remember really wanting it all. Now we are older and she looks like crap. You wouldn't know she's spent thousands on her face and body over the years and looks around 15 years older if not more. She's always calling me out for not aging and I honestly can't believe it as I thought it would be the opposite! I'm so glad now. Just stick to water to drink, water in your bath water with some magnesium flakes, walk everywhere and eat fresh fruits and veggies and keep everything simple and chemical free and somehow you end up looking really young with very little effort or expense! Hehe :)

Lush mostly has one star reviews on Facebook. Read one that was a car mechanic and he was saying the stains from a bath bomb are harder to remove than a day's work of greasy and dirty cars!

All natural my ass.

Those slapstick coconut oil foundations look like such a mess that don't even work.

I've fallen into a lush black hole on YouTube, and the amount of people that go on about lush being a "nautral, organic, healthy" range is stupid. It's some products that are plastic free and like just about everything on sale in the UK it hasn't been tested on animals. It's not natural at all and contains harmful ingredients.

So true. Btw I love your profile pic :) I wanna wave back! haha :ROFLMAO:

I tried to make all natural bath bombs once and it was not easy as there's very little we can use if we want to be healthy. If someone tries it, they will understand how much crap is in Lush, the colours, the foaming, the scents, just everything.

Does anyone remember years ago it was the trend to buy those pearl things with oil in :LOL: They could be any shape, and colour, and you'd put them in the bath and end up with an oily bath and a bit of rubber. haha. I remember buying tubes of those things :oops:

Some companies totally take the mick using the word Organic. Holland & Barratts sell a range called Dr Organics. Someone working there told me to avoid it as it's full of chemical crap, including some known to cause cancer. Disgrace they're allowed to call themselves Dr Organics, and have teeny tiny letters listing the crap.

Yes the Dr organic brand should be illegal! It's the same as lush a drop of something organic but the same old harmful ingredients!

Someone was saying lush smells so strong because of all the essential oils, yeah right not all the artificial perfume. If you want essential oils put a few drops in your bath.

I remember those pearls - didn't know they were plastic! They kinda popped and dissolved a bit but were still there floating.

Someones got a viral video about how to save money at lush, it's just cutting products in half. No tit Sherlock!

200ml body spray filled with crap and packed in a generic weed killer bottle for £20!

Screenshot_20181107-093726.jpg

Does anyone remember years ago it was the trend to buy those pearl things with oil in :LOL: They could be any shape, and colour, and you'd put them in the bath and end up with an oily bath and a bit of rubber. haha. I remember buying tubes of those things :oops:
OMG I loved them when I was younger! I'm sure I had some from The Body Shop in the Ananya scent (and probably Dewberry as well!). Old school. Ah, memories!

The shampoo bars are the only thing I buy from lush, as it lasts a long time and saves on plastic bottles
Yes, I really want to try shampoo bars, until recently the most widely available ones have been from Lush. But I think a few more are available now what with the popularity of zero waste / plastic free etc. I'd really love it if Faith in Nature would make shampoo bars - now they are a company that can boast about their ingredients, but don't do it in a militant way.

Also if anyone's interested, there is a company called Terracycle which have teamed up with Garnier to provide a beauty packaging recycling scheme. You can send (they pay postage) pretty much anything which you can't recycle via your kerbside collections e.g. Bottle tops, moisturiser pots, the pump dispensers from hand wash etc. You get points for what you send in and you can convert them to charitable donations. I've been doing it for just over a year now while I try and run down the products that I want to replace with plastic-free versions.

(They also have schemes for collecting biscuit/cake wrappers, dental packaging + toothbrushes, household cleaning packaging and various other things).

https://www.terracycle.co.uk/

I don't work for them or anything, I'm just really in to recycling and stuff!

I walk past a Lush store and my nose starts running... I have sensitive skin so the doctor advised to avoid all scented toiletries. I have to stick to odourless/sensitive deodorant sticks, natural shampoo and booooooring plain soap, and definitely no perfume :( I'd love to use something more "lovely", but I'd never use Lush. Those bath bombs look like they might be quite gritty and harsh? I haven't tried one but they do look a bit salty?

I was surprised their shampoo isn’t sulfate free. I’m on a self-imposed straighteners ban on my hair and trying to get used to my natural curls, and a sulfate free shampoo makes it so much less frizzy, I nearly bought a shampoo bar from Lush assuming it was sulfate free
Here's a link about why Lush shampoo isn't sulfate free from their website.
https://www.lushusa.com/story?cid=article_dont-stress-sls I'm not agreeing with them.

I used to love lush but the past 18 months I've gone right off them! They've taken away all the good products and replace them with crap gimmicks! Who wants a reusable bubble wand that doesn't even blow bubbles?
I think they also focus way to much time on there campaigns than there actual products!

I've just got back from America and brought some bathbombs from bath & body works. Now I don't know how good these are chemically ect but they definitely felt better than the lush ones in the bath, they were lighter and made my skin feel so soft!