Lump on thigh. Any medics?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband (wheelchair user in case that's relevant) told me yesterday the underside of his thigh was sore. I had a look and that was a bit of a lump/swelling. Decided to keep an eye on it.

This morning it's bigger and looks like it's got a 'head'. Unsure if there's anything we can do to help it today. I'm currently hot compressing it. It's painful to do much with.

Image under spoiler

PXL_20230604_093921774~2.jpg

I'm not a medic but work in healthcare, does the lump spread the full length between your two fingers? (If that makes sense?) Or is it just the angle of the photo
And when the area is lightly pressed does it feel hard or soft. Is it warmer than the rest of his thigh?

Reactions: 1
I'm not a medic but work in healthcare, does the lump spread the full length between your two fingers? (If that makes sense?) Or is it just the angle of the photo
And when the area is lightly pressed does it feel hard or soft. Is it warmer than the rest of his thigh?
Yes it does. It's probably about 2"
It's firm feeling, but movable side to side
I think it feels warm, but hard to tell. Not hot.

Yes it does. It's probably about 2"
It's firm feeling, but movable side to side
I think it feels warm, but hard to tell. Not hot.
In that case it is quite big isn't it, and it does look red in the picture as well even though it doesn't feel particularly hot. It could be a cyst or something similar, best to get it seen to before it gets bigger or starts to get infected

In that case it is quite big isn't it, and it does look red in the picture as well even though it doesn't feel particularly hot. It could be a cyst or something similar, best to get it seen to before it gets bigger or starts to get infected
Bizarrely it seems slightly smaller again this evening.
Fingers crossed he can get an appointment 🤷🏻‍♀️
Thank you