Louis Theroux

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Currently listening to audiobook of his lockdown memoir and his wife Nancy seems like quite an interesting character. Also find it interesting that he uses pseudonyms for his son’s names even though it is quite easy to find out their real names through a quick google search

Reactions: 1
I admit a Cush on Louis. Enjoyed his memoir “gotta get Theroux this”

Crush even….

Reactions: 2
I loved his book. Was very honestly written, made me cry in places as well as laugh.
Would also love to know more about hid wife
My favourite through character was definitely Lake Palmer. Rewatched his episode recently, even more shocking nowadays and sad to think there's billions of men like him.
I know at least 4 personally in my home town who have married abroad for more beautiful or submissive wives.
😪

I like Louis but as I said on his thread on the tv forum, he seems pretty narcissistic these days.

He also misses the big story quite often in his documentaries- Joe Exotic and Scientology are two good examples.

I like Louis but as I said on his thread on the tv forum, he seems pretty narcissistic these days.

He also misses the big story quite often in his documentaries- Joe Exotic and Scientology are two good examples.
what did he miss re Scientology?

I've always loved Louis's documentaries but haven't enjoyed any of his work since lockdown 1, like the above poster says, he comes across quite narcissistic.

what did he miss re Scientology?
Compare his to Going Clear. It takes a deep dive into how it sucks people in and won’t let them out. Louis touches upon it somewhat but spends most of the film recreating scenes with Marty Rathbun. There’s a reason people talk about Going Clear and not Louis’ one.