Liz Fraser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ngl have no idea who this is but apparently there’s been some goss on Mumsnet? Our v own @SharkAttack is in the know so pls spill the tea here.

If there’s a Patreon to track lmk 😂👀

• Heart
Reactions: 3
There are indeed a couple of Mumsnet threads, Google turns them up. One of them was deleted in 2021 but Google still links to it and you can see it via archive.org.

TL;DR she wrote a memoir about living with her (now-ex) partner, who was an abusive alcoholic but she stayed with him because she loved him and wanted him to get better. Main criticisms:
  • She (allegedly) left her first husband for this guy and convinced him to leave his wife. Then she became a bit of a bunny-boiler and was desperate to hold onto him.
  • Obviously, she publicised his struggles and made money off them
  • She also knew at the time of getting together with him that he had a drinking problem and might relapse
  • She e-begs online and pleads poverty a la Jack Monroe when she is, visibly, quite wealthy (nice holidays, owns at least one house)
There's also some typical "Mumsnet" stuff they don't like her for (e.g. she supports trans people and opposes home birth) but those are the main ones

• Wow
Reactions: 6
If it's this one, I'm not sure she qualifies for here, she's only got 21K followers and she's not verified:
View attachment 1918101
I think the threshold is 10k but I’ll report your comment to ask mods for guidance? Thank you bb

---

I think the threshold is 10k but I’ll report your comment to ask mods for guidance? Thank you bb
@Witchfinder Sargeant the mods have already replied and apparently it is 10k! But thank you for being considerate my love x

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Oh thank you @heretoreaditall2019 ! And thank you @witchofwestbyfleet for the excellent summary.

I have followed Liz Fraser for years as she had babies when I did and put herself up as a parenting expert. I remember being impressed by how together and glamorous she seemed when I was in the same boat but feeling scared and panicked in my old leggings.

I bought her book/s and bought into her image.

Then years later a friend of a friend told me Liz had ‘lost the plot’ and left her husband to run off with a deadbeat who worked in a coffee shop. This was so far from the glam perfect working mum I held her to be that I started following and watched aghast as she hared off to Venice, sobbed in selfies and then set off on a demented tour of Scandinavia with the new baby in tow.

When her book about it all came out I read every word and felt really sorry for her. Mike sounded a nightmare. But then I watched her buy a house in Oxford (she already had the Venice flat), plead poverty, go on endless holidays, ignore her older children and post every few days saying ‘my life’s been a nightmare but TODAY it starts again’. It seemed off, and when she started to bef for money from strangers on the internet I thought oh god, she’s Jack Monroe mark two.

Anyone else got those vibes?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yup. Am familiar with the now closed mumsnet thread too. It was closed for discussing the outcomes of a couple of court cases, which was considered in breach of those, so best to be careful.

But suffice to say all is not as it seems, she was a mummy writer and tv parenting person and has form for affairs, a long one which ended in a stalking-type court case and all out in the open to husband and family. She then pursued recently married family friend, an alcoholic, but there may have been overlap with the other affair.

She was still appearing on TV and had a column in the Telegraph. But at that point she got pregnant again, and moved to Venice with the new man and baby, abandoning her 3 older kids aged approx11-18 and all in key exam years.

Then…. lots of appalling things happened, a very one sided and not thorough account given in the book, apparently sanctioned by her partner.

She left Venice, describing herself as homeless, outstaying her welcome with friends across Europe, before pitching up in Oxford, reuniting with the partner, then splitting again literally on the eve of publication of the book. It has never been published in paperback (allegedly blocked by ex-partner) and the 1-star reviews on Amazon are very telling

Similarities to the smol pixie include:

- Being the tiniest victimiest victim ever. She claims c-PTSD from the years of abuse etc. and is an ambassador or a national DV charity but does not seem to be doing much to help/signpost to others, including info on her miraculous medication that very sadly people specifically ask her about. (Not denying she’s been through a lot, but, you know…)

- she posts a lot of thirst shots. Very very thirsty. She posts a lot of stuff every day. But only in the last 6 months-ish has she stopped showing her child’s face umpteen times a day. Might be her starting school, might be further legal wrangles we shouldn’t go into. But for a self-proclaimed parenting expert of 20+ years and self-proclaimed “mental health” expert of dubious provenance you'd think she would be better clued up.

- She constantly retweets herself. Her followers skew largely towards older men (see above, thirsty and begging for money). Her engagement seems woefully small for the effort of so much posting (but she can’t do anything else of course 🤪).

- she is less than truthful about her circumstances yet is a chronic oversharer.

- she doesn’t have Patreon but offers paid substack witterings. But is unable to actually work because of the c-PTSD so I’m not sure how much has ever been given to subscribers. She also has a support me/buy me a coffee thing going on. If people ask for insights re DV she “is just writing about that in her next substack piece so can’t discuss here” (see JM and the never appearing recipes)

- she now claims to be a travel writer but no pieces ever seem to be commissioned or published. Lots of hols though!

- she talks a lot about TRUTH and LIGHT vs DARK and LIES. Yes, capitalised like that, like a 13-year old, not like a Cambridge-educated professional writer, author of 5(?) books in her mid 40s.

- She has had a couple of tv appearances I think in the last year (I’ve only seen Insta posts v reminiscent of JM in the green room of tv things “honey I’m home” type vibes).

- She talks A LOT about how hard and exhausting “solo parenting” is, as if she was the only single parent in the country. This is despite two active (wealthy) parents, the ex, and two of her 3 children (now at Oxford) all living within a couple of miles of her. I think an earlier post alluded to “bridge burning”. Her behaviour in all of this has been appalling so no surprises there.

- Despite the “inability to work” she has seemingly bought the Oxford house (and the Venetian property,which is now available for rent at €165 p/n) mortgage free. 🤷‍♀️

- she now claims to be a travel writer but no pieces ever seem to be commissioned or published. But she can’t write either, see reasons above. Lots of hols though!

This bit is important: there was a further court case this week, presumably about the now 5-year old girl caught up in the middle of all this. Best not to mention this in any other detail, or this thread will be deleted á la Mumsnet, but she is all over her SM ranting about the TRUTH and LIGHT and being free and seemingly cured overnight of her trauma.

so yes, absolutely fascinating, and many similarities and I would wager shared diagnoses 👩‍⚕️ with our tiny pixie.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Perfect synopsis. She is (was?) a vague friend of friends of mine, but I've not heard them mention her for a very long time. I rarely get involved with such topics, but it's just awful watching her being so dreadful to people. The whole C-PTSD thing makes me beyond angry. It's not a reward, it's a hideous condition and she wouldn't be doing all the WONDERFUL TRUE things she seems to be if she did have it. Owning two house and being able to rent one out for a rather hefty sum also shouldn't really mean she has to beg for COFFEES.

Reactions: 8
Agree her saying she not only has PTSD but C-PTSD is infuriating. She has no idea how lucky she is.

Also have you seen her latest thirst pic of her lying in her pants drinking her coffee? It's mid-winter and energy prices have shot up, so even in our household where we have two adults with good, full-time jobs, we have turned our thermostat down and it's not warm enough to lie on the sofa in your pants. So she's spunking money on over-heating her house while also pleading poverty and begging for cash.

Oh, I left out the fact that there were some crowdfunded/charity funds seemingly unaccounted for too.

I think this was back in 2015 or so, she was putting together Lifeshambles a “one woman comedy show” on “mid life” for the Edinburgh Festival (unfortunately I’ve used up all my eye rolls on the JM threads, so imagine my face as completely passive but with a barely concealed eye twitch as I type that phrase 🤣) at about the same time as setting up a charity for mental health called, I tit you not, Headcase.

The ex was employed in an official capacity as photographer/videographer for either or both. She spoke on the subject at the Cambridge Union in a not very well received thing, and I think it all petered out a couple of years later. (There is a cringe-inducing video still in existence somewhere on you tube I think.)

But I’m not sure if it’s clear where the charity funds went…

• Wow
But I’m not sure if it’s clear where the charity funds went…
On this/people saying why does this wealthy woman need to beg for coffees - there was definitely a point in time on Twitter where “creatives” started saying how they deserve to be compensated for their work, it was like an extension of the exposure doesn’t pay my bills convo with which is where I think this whole weird cosplaying urchin funded by guilt ridden middle class ppl came from? There was some pretty immediate backlash to early incidents of it - I remember mc freelance writers trying to crowdfund rent or laptops - and some of those initial naysayers are now keystone members of leftist shitposting Twitter (from what I have seen!). Idk what I’m trying to say here other than this defs did happen right guys and I’m not crazy? And that there are inevitably going to be SO many more cases like this coming out now ppl are more comfortable coming to tattle to talk about it, or even openly talking about it on Twitter. Jack really did have Twitter shooketh for a hot minute with her constant legal threats, but we all know it’s too far gone now and the Rooney/Ward case goes to show you can’t just start legal beef and win if you are wrong. But yeah imagine the whole online grifting economy will be £millions a year going to dickheads like this. Wild isn’t it.

When I’m back at my laptop I’ll look at substack and anything we can track, it’s not a platform I’m familiar with tbh. I feel immensely sorry for the dads and little ones involved in this story and wish them all the luck in their court cases. 💐✊🏻

She seems unwell, swinging between thirsty pics about how HAPPY she is and red-faced crying pics about how TOUGH it’s been, bleating on about how BROKE she is (whilst swanning off to Venice or Scotland like the average skint single parent). And how much she SUFFERED but won’t name names. And how she has parented her child 24/7 with no help yet seemingly somehow managing to run marathons (presumably whilst the child naps in a buggy whilst not being looked after). Strong narcissist/victim vibes a la JM. I feel sorry for her older kids who must be pretty mortified.

Reactions: 7
🙋🏾‍♂️ I'm watching this thread; won't have anything to contribute but YEAH, she's dramatically annoying!!! There used to be a follower who piped up in replies with the same behind the scenes tea, so I'm v interested in the new tea.

To have the confidence of these people must be wild!

Reactions: 8
Small fry in the grand scheme of things but the lack of a cycle helmet is grating my spam (and as far as I could see, no lights or high vis on the journey to the Cambridge Union).

Small fry in the grand scheme of things but the lack of a cycle helmet is grating my spam (and as far as I could see, no lights or high vis on the journey to the Cambridge Union).
I very rarely wear a cycle helmet. They're not the panacea that some people think they are and there's some evidence that they increase danger to cyclists (drivers pass cyclists wearing helmets more closely and cyclists themselves can take more risks).

Lights and reflectors are required by law after dark.

Hi viz is a funny beast, you can disappear in it against certain backgrounds.

So yesterday’s kerfuffle was around people suffering from DV, asking for info/questions and just being blocked by the Ambassador from the National Centre for Domestic Violence, who was banging on about Smashing the Patriarchy, and then posting photos of sunny travel places instead.

Literally unbelievable.

@heretoreaditall2019 - any chance to look into substack?

• Heart
Who was it who scoffed at me for supposing she wears pants?!

Another mega thirst shot on Insta tonight. Put it away Liz!

DE38891B-69AA-400C-8400-12F2B0ABDB5C.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I can’t understand why the National Centre for Domestic Violence would think she’s the right choice for an ambassador role. She’s surely too close to her own experience of DV (or whatever) for it to be ethical to ask her to represent in this way. Also how fair is all this on her daughter? When she’s at school so many other parents (and in time other kids) will be inferring stuff about her dad. I understand that every victim has the right to tell their story but even so, it just seems off to me.

Reactions: 2
So yesterday’s kerfuffle was around people suffering from DV, asking for info/questions and just being blocked by the Ambassador from the National Centre for Domestic Violence, who was banging on about Smashing the Patriarchy, and then posting photos of sunny travel places instead.

Literally unbelievable.

@heretoreaditall2019 - any chance to look into substack?
Sorry I’ve not taken time on this - do you know her tier pricing? I can’t see it from the front page of substack but looking at the source code it suggests her founding subscription is a minimum of £2.5k per year with the benefit of “my undying love forever, for helping me when I needed it xx” and next up is £1k per year?!

Not found anything else particularly interesting yet other than she created it about this time last year, 24/01/2022 and that she doesn’t have a free trial available, and no support email cos who needs communication when you’ve handed over £2.5k?
---

Sorry I’ve not taken time on this - do you know her tier pricing? I can’t see it from the front page of substack but looking at the source code it suggests her founding subscription is a minimum of £2.5k per year with the benefit of “my undying love forever, for helping me when I needed it xx” and next up is £1k per year?!

Not found anything else particularly interesting yet other than she created it about this time last year, 24/01/2022 and that she doesn’t have a free trial available, and no support email cos who needs communication when you’ve handed over £2.5k?
Sorry quoting myself but so far I can see:

* founding £2.5k yearly
* yearly £100, apologies for my mistake above saying it’s £1k
* monthly £10

She’s disabled the ability to pay in Bitcoin and the option to generate a pdf tax report for herself or a pdf invoice for funders.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.