Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PeppaPig

I'm not victim blaming at all here, but oh my goodness, why oh why do people put themselves into dangerous situations? Not just women, men too who will drink and then stagger home and end up getting mugged. Women who drink way too much and spend nights in beds with other people, completely passed out.
There always has and always will be some really evil people in the world who will take advantage of people in vulnerable situations. Sad :(
Everything you’ve said is the whole definition of victim blaming. Everyone should be able to live their lives, wear what they want, get drunk, get taxis, whatever, without being under threat of being taken advantage of. It’s the perpetrators who need to change their behaviour, not the victims.

• Heart
Reactions: 125

Kermy5

I think even the most outspoken confident person can be too scared or too traumatised to speak out after such an event. Also maybe she's feeling strong enough to speak about it now after cutting ties with certain people, or maybe through therapy to process it. Maybe profiting from her story actually helps empower her, taking the power back from her abuser. In that case good on her.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Woah, what were her strange reasons for faking a miscarriage?! 😬
From memory from the book some one had gone through her bins (?!) and found a pregnancy test, so she was going to be outed as pregnant in the press. She wasn’t in a place to have a child so wanted an abortion, but obviously coming out and saying that at that time wasn’t tenable so she had to say she’d miscarried. Like it’s an awful lie but she was also put in an awful position, so I don’t think it’s quite the same as entirely fabricating a miscarriage from nothing. Personally!

• Wow
Reactions: 53

Stillwater

VIP Member
Yes that’s more about the culture of shame women have to endure around not wanting a pregnancy.

Reactions: 47
She was out doing a box class in Manhattan. Does that mean she left the 2 girls with david?
This would frighten me. I know they are married now but how well does she really know him.

I think that's a bit extreme. It's not like a one night stand that she left them with after meeting the night before.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Sandra_1984

Everything you’ve said is the whole definition of victim blaming. Everyone should be able to live their lives, wear what they want, get drunk, get taxis, whatever, without being under threat of being taken advantage of. It’s the perpetrators who need to change their behaviour, not the victims.
NO!!!! Perpetrators will always exist, as sad as that is and as much as we can all wish they didn't, the fact is they do. It'd be a very ideal world if we could all just get drunk and be clueless about what we are doing, or just let our children wonder free, but the fact of life is, evil exists. We have to protect ourselves! I'm a survivor and have previously been in positions of danger, and one time the risk unfortunately was too high. Was it my fault? No. Could have I made wiser decisions and possibly prevented what happened from happening? Yes.
Yes, would be amazing to walk around a dangerous city at 3am...but it's dangerous. Yes it would be great to live a life doing what we wanted when we wanted, but it's human nature to assess risks and to protect ourselves from said risks.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Some of the comments here saying "she doesn't look anorexic" really need to be rephrased to "she doesn't look like she's about to die as a result of an eating disorder". I'm not up for speculating whether she does or doesn't, but it's really damaging to imply that somebody can't possibly have a problem until it has got to a stage that they can be deemed 'thin enough'. People are literally refused support and treatment based on having a BMI that is considered too high, both due to lack of resources and the sort of opinions seen here.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I hate it when people stick up for nepo babies (as they were in the comments about the Vulture article), by saying “But they’re talented / low key / work hard!”

That may well be, but the leg up that family wealth and connections gave them is immeasurable. Lily is no exception.

E8FA184D-7EB2-46E1-9E1D-51426F635E73.jpeg

LOL

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34

Meringue22

VIP Member
She was out doing a box class in Manhattan. Does that mean she left the 2 girls with david?
This would frighten me. I know they are married now but how well does she really know him.
Blimey. Do you think their dad would agree to them flying to New York if there was a chance they weren’t safe with David? Going by Lily’s stories the girls seem very happy around him

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Spilttea

VIP Member
At some point you have to accept your childgoood and adolescence whilst less than perfect or damaging was a long time ago and you are now an adult with your own agency and children of your own.

How long before she stops going on about her shitty father, her poor little rich girl childhood with a successful mother and an attentive step father.

Lots of people have shit parents and shit time of it growing up. She just comes across as a spoilt attention seeking self indulgent princess. Repeating the same pattern with her daughters. She is also skinny baiting with all her pics, because she wants to be seen as too thin.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

SamFoxStuckinaCloak

Chatty Member
This is the issue I have with Lily Allen, and felt it really acutely when reading her book. Just absolutely no acknowledgement of the privilege she has, and the role it has played in her career.

Nepo babies can’t bear to admit privilege, as it means they have to accept that perhaps they’re not the best, most special, talented of people.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Meringue22

VIP Member
100% lily Allen… very interesting about her ex. That explains how she was allowed to move countries with them.
I wonder if lilys ex did what a lot of men do? New life so his old life is forgotten. I’ve seen this happen more than once with friends

• Sad
Reactions: 30

Spilttea

VIP Member
She knew exactly what she was doing wearing that outfit, the thing with lily is she craves constant attention and this new look however she achieved it (eating disorder and drugs?) gives her exactly that.

This is the most amount of attention she has had in years. She is loving it.

• Sad
Reactions: 29

MellowDee

This makes me sad . I’ve had anorexia , bullimia and compulsive eating, along with treatment for numerous addictions . I’ve been to hell and back and you recognise the signs. The sad thing about this is , she will celebrated by some as looking wonderful. This will just feed into it . This is not lily’s natural build , for months she’s looked so much smaller . I can’t see how people can’t see it . She makes the other celebs look much bigger in comparison . I think if she stood next to Jenna Coleman who is tiny you would see how frail she has become . The article praised Lily for her toned midriff ….. bollocks they know what they are doing , hinting at .
Initially she said the weight loss was from giving up booze and I think she said she went vegan too . I didnt buy it then I dont buy it now . I hate the term skinny shaming but she is clearly not well or struggling with something . I really hope she is getting help and has decent support .

• Heart
Reactions: 29