Lightyear

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have any of you seen this with your kids (or by yourself) yet? Took mine today. My 8 year old is autistic and non-verbal and he loves Toy Story. He was so excited to go, but come the end he looked absolutely shell shocked! 😂 I'm not sure how much he actually understood, but I think it took him a little while to process that version of Buzz! The reviews online are pretty dire, but personally I quite enjoyed it. I loved the character of the cat, reminded me a bit of R2D2. I think there were a lot of Star Wars-esque elements to it -I'm not sure if that was an intentional nod or not.

I was pretty confused by the older / time travel Buzz Zurg though, doesn't he tell Buzz that he is his dad in one of the Toy Story films? I think he could have just been a baddie that Buzz needed to defeat without that complication.

Reactions: 2
We took our (also autistic) sons aged 4 and 6 to see it on Sunday too! The little one did get a bit bored halfway through but I think that’s just his attention span and not necessarily the movie’s fault. Eldest loved it and so did my husband. I thought it was really well done - the fact that it was separate from the TS movies - and Socks the cat was definitely my fave part. Also agree about the things you mentioned in the spoiler. I was a bit confused by it too and would’ve preferred something different. Overall a decent movie I thought.

Reactions: 1