Life changes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else get super sensitive to change in life or am I just hypersensitive? For example, when the clocks go back, I get so uneasy and feel physically sick for a day or two ☹ Same when my boyfriend works at home instead of away like he is this week...I just know all week I’ll feel really off and uneasy until he goes away again, and it’s not him, it’s just the change in routine I can’t stand ☹

Reactions: 6
I think I feel this more since the pandemic started. I’m not great with change anyway, but the slightest thing sets me off completely these days. For me, I think it’s because I can’t control what is going on outside and that lack of control means any change, however small, feels massive. If anyone has any tips on how to cope with this, I’d be very grateful!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It’s called anxiety. People who suffer with it badly like to control every aspect of their life. So something that is not “routine” really throws you off.
I had real bad anxiety about 7/8 years ago to the point that my bf had to give me at least 3 days notice if he wanted us to go out with friends for a meal etc or just to go and visit somebody.
I ended up getting councelling because I wanted my life back.
If you know what the root cause of your anxiety is you should try and deal with it.

Reactions: 2
I really struggle with change at times. The dark nights throw me off at first but I don’t find it upsetting. It’s more changes of routine things for me, like when my kids went back to school in September and there was this whole new way of dropping them off, queueing up at different times and stuff. It’s fine now but I found it really stressful and daunting at first.

When masks started to be required in shops I found that difficult to get my head round and it put me off going shopping for a little while, even though I knew it was necessary and all that stuff. Something inside me was screaming “but whyyyyyyy”. Now it’s ok, but it takes me a little while to get used to new ways of doing things sometimes, especially the normal every day things. No idea why I’m like this, I also have anxiety so maybe that’s it😆

Reactions: 2
I have this but I think its due to my anxiety. When we moved house I felt off kilter for like 2 months after! To reiterate what people said above, it's to do with not being in complete control of the situation.

Reactions: 1