life after Instagram

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I ask who you were on Instagram? I’m really interested to know as I used to enjoy the old weight loss accounts.

You sound like such a lovely person. I’ve gathered a bigger following than I accounted for on my weight loss account and I’ve stopped posting as the pressure to constantly post was getting too much.

yeah I dont have that account anymore it was itsyourgirlems

i understand if you're overwhelmed and can just say if you dont want to post then dont.

Reactions: 1
I’m glad you saw the light, I hope you are much happier for it. I do still think about your Margaret meme tho 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
A big part of the instagram problem is ordinary people thinking they are celebrities, getting a 'blue tick' and everything 😂 I cringe so hard when they do this! Money nearly always corrupts a person and sadly way too many are now fighting for a followers £. Just look at someone like Jack Towers, he courted Instagram fame, believed his own hype so much he is now sitting pretty with £40k of people's donations, so he in particular is doing rather well on his life after Instagram. It stinks like a 5 day old fish!

Reactions: 6
but they're not celebrities.
that bit used to freak me out. I've been stopped out shopping,on a train ,in a toilet queue and I just didn't get why. I'm a no one.

I've seen this stuff with this bloke and its shocking that he did that.

I used to use my platform to help raise money for homeless charities and I've now ended up.working full time with the homeless.

seems now a days it's about what people can get for themselves and that's sad.

Reactions: 5
p
but they're not celebrities.
that bit used to freak me out. I've been stopped out shopping,on a train ,in a toilet queue and I just didn't get why. I'm a no one.

I've seen this stuff with this bloke and its shocking that he did that.

I used to use my platform to help raise money for homeless charities and I've now ended up.working full time with the homeless.

seems now a days it's about what people can get for themselves and that's sad.
This is what our culture has become. Reality shows, popularity contests etc. So many crave it all it's quite dangerous.

That's fantastic! All the madness lead you somewhere worthwhile in the end. If only more were like you, wanting to help and not out to exploit people. He was supposed to pass on the remaining funds to a charity... no sign of that happening!

Reactions: 2
p

This is what our culture has become. Reality shows, popularity contests etc. So many crave it all it's quite dangerous.

That's fantastic! All the madness lead you somewhere worthwhile in the end. If only more were like you, wanting to help and not out to exploit people. He was supposed to pass on the remaining funds to a charity... no sign of that happening!
I just cant believe hes allowed to get away with that.

IG has really changed so so much. I think theres probably quite a few like me stepped away from a public account after realising how unhealthy it can become but seems others thrive off it, but guess that's just like anything else in life and exactly why this forum exists. There will be people who love what these big accounts do and then those who dont who come here and discuss that.

• Heart
Its sad to see we are in a world where a lot of people are just out for themselves and that money is such a big part their lives, especially on Instagram. Some of these big names get paid so much for what they post, it's all so underhand and hidden. I'm glad the ASA realised there is an issue, but I still don't think its enough. These big names are allowed to advertise slimming lollies and pills to teenagers. It makes me feel like they think their followers are gullable cash cows.

Towers to me, is the epitome of how Instagram is now, blue tick, taking a huge sum of money of his followers and then disappearing. I'd love to go back to the days with videos of cats and no adverts.

Its sad to see we are in a world where a lot of people are just out for themselves and that money is such a big part their lives, especially on Instagram. Some of these big names get paid so much for what they post, it's all so underhand and hidden. I'm glad the ASA realised there is an issue, but I still don't think its enough. These big names are allowed to advertise slimming lollies and pills to teenagers. It makes me feel like they think their followers are gullable cash cows.

Towers to me, is the epitome of how Instagram is now, blue tick, taking a huge sum of money of his followers and then disappearing. I'd love to go back to the days with videos of cats and no adverts.
maybe that's your new calling, create a social media app that doesn't allow any kind of advertising by users.

Reactions: 3
Created an account after seeing on another forum I was lurking on that you’d popped up here. I miss seeing your posts, still!

Hope you’re well and your full time job working with the homeless is fantastic!

Created an account after seeing on another forum I was lurking on that you’d popped up here. I miss seeing your posts, still!

Hope you’re well and your full time job working with the homeless is fantastic!
what forum is that lol, I'm never gonna get any peace am I ha ha.

glad you're well xx

what forum is that lol, I'm never gonna get any peace am I ha ha.

glad you're well xx
It was on here somewhere but it was just simply a “whatever happened to itsyourgirlems?” question.

I’m good thanks, still in China after all this time!

Are you still in Manchester?

It was on here somewhere but it was just simply a “whatever happened to itsyourgirlems?” question.

I’m good thanks, still in China after all this time!

Are you still in Manchester?
yeah I'm in manchester, nice and chilled happy life x