Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

KfBr

VIP Member
So!
4 weeks ago we got our first kitten who was 8 weeks when we got him 😍 absolutely beautiful, loving and perfect.

We found another little kitten and fell in love with him as they look like brothers, and collected him 2 days ago. (Also 8 weeks on collection)

Obviously, when they first met each other, they were very dubious of one another. As the day went on, our first kitten started to get very rough with the baby. Our newbie is so so tiny, probably 1/4 of the size of our original kitten. I have been so scared of them hurting one another and this morning the baby started spitting at the eldest 😫
They are being very very boisterous with each other and the noises they make scare me to death 😢

I’ve had a look online and people do say it can take A while for them to settle but, I have to admit, I regret rushing into it.
My husband has wanted another one since the week we got our first and I always said no as he was so used to it just being is three and we were happy and all settled straight away.
Then I gave in and jumped head first into getting number 2 😫🥺

Does anyone have any advice or just some stories to tell me (good&bad) just so I can decide what to do.
Feel a fool for rushing into it 😟😢 And I feel so sorry for our first as he looks so sad and is not acting the same 😓

Sp20191

VIP Member
They will be fine after a while, they are both babies so still getting to know the way of the world.
They are rough as they are trying to put the younger one in his place, try and just let them get on with it, if it gets really rough you can step in and separate them for a bit x

Fishwife

Chatty Member
We have just got a new kitten and she has settled in very well. One tip that worked for another cat. If your cat starts weeing in a corner put a bright light there to discourage them.

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
Thank you both! One last question — wires!!!
I know kittens love chewing and if there are wires on the floor they’ll be all over them. I can move certain wires so they aren’t lying on the floor but there’s at least one I can think of which I can’t really move. Someone told me to spray lemon/citrus which is offputting to kittens/cats — is this true? I’m not so worried about the day when I can supervise it’s just at night if she manages to Houdini herself near any wires. 😂

I’m very excited but very scared 😧

GiggleBee

VIP Member
Have you tried Feliway? Its a plug in ferimone for cats.
We have two 5 year old girl cats and last year we brought home a male 8 week kitten. It took forever for them to accept him but they did. One now loves him and the other is okay if the feliway is on. We know when its run out as she hisses and attacks him more. Thankfully hes now 18 months and a kilo heavier than her so can stand his ground but we honestly wouldnt be without feliway.

LongishCat

VIP Member
Ok one last question I forgot about. Crying at night - do kittens cry at night? We had a kitten years and years ago when her owner wasn’t able to immediately take her in (think like, a week!) and I can’t remember her ever crying... I just want to be prepared in case this one wants me up all hours!
My kitten cried for about 10 to 15 minutes when we went to bed for about a week after we got her. But she's okay now and she actually gets grumpy when we stay up for too long and she wants to sleep😅
Good luck!