Kids Flu Vaccine 2020

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was wondering if anyone isn’t going through with the seasonal flu vaccine for their children this year?

I’ve heard quite a few people aren’t for various reasons which has made me question it so I just wondered what your thoughts were, are you/are you not letting your children get the flu vaccine?

Mine won’t be as she is too young. If she was within the age range, she would be

I’m not sure why people are more reluctant to let their children have it this year? Surely coronavirus is more of a reason to have the flu vaccine than not to?

Reactions: 1
My children won’t be (4 and 1) they have no underlying health conditions and there isn’t a reason they would need it. I’m pro vaccine generally but if you are fit and healthy I don’t see the need to have extra vaccines.

Yes they have had it for the last few years and will be having it this year. I do worry that they will spike a temp and I'll have the faff of getting a test etc

My 4 year old isn't having it as it's a live vaccine and I'm immune compromised so would have to avoid her for a week if she got the vaccine

I'm not sure whether to let my little one get it or not. I just genuinely don't know what to do 🤷🏻‍♀️

ETA this is the first year she can have it

Last edited:
Yes. My children have had it every year since they could. My eldest has asthma like his dad, who also has the flu vaccine annually. Myself on the other hand, I’ve never had it but will be getting it this year.

Reactions: 3
Yes. My children have had it every year since they could. My eldest has asthma like his dad, who also has the flu vaccine annually. Myself on the other hand, I’ve never had it but will be getting it this year.
same here ..youngest is asthmatic..been having injection vaccine since age 3 but last year they gave her the nasal spray (11) . she did get a bit poorly afterwards but it was done very late in the year (Nov) where we live as there was a vaccine shortage. possibly she had already picked up some winter lurgy just before having it.
Got to ring in Oct this year as they are only doing over 65s currently.

Reactions: 2
Yes mine will, he always does. Just to say, the reason children without underlying health conditions are given it, is to help protect the vulnerable as its so easily spread.

same here ..youngest is asthmatic..been having injection vaccine since age 3 but last year they gave her the nasal spray (11) . she did get a bit poorly afterwards but it was done very late in the year (Nov) where we live as there was a vaccine shortage. possibly she had already picked up some winter lurgy just before having it.
Got to ring in Oct this year as they are only doing over 65s currently.
I work in health and social care, we’ve been told we should have it especially this year. But due to high demand, who knows when we will since they must prioritise the elderly.

I work in health and social care, we’ve been told we should have it especially this year. But due to high demand, who knows when we will since they must prioritise the elderly.
I work in an office we get offered a free flu vaccine every year through work
weve had an email saying Boots have suspended their service due to unprecedented demand!
They are looking into a new source now.
ive never had it ..i wonder if i should this year after having Covid in March. 🤔

I work in an office we get offered a free flu vaccine every year through work
weve had an email saying Boots have suspended their service due to unprecedented demand!
They are looking into a new source now.
ive never had it ..i wonder if i should this year after having Covid in March. 🤔
I would say its a good idea to get it regardless of covid. The more people who get vaccines like this, the more we can protect people who are immunocompromised etc. (especially if your work are offering!)

My eldest has had it every year since he was able to with no issues afterwards
My youngest had his first one this week and we've had no problems with him either

I always take mine to all vaccines so this was no exception for me. My eldest has it done at school anyway.

With the fears around Covid I've also booked my first vaccine this year, never felt the need but just to avoid anything else causing a problem it's better to have it done I think

My 4 year old isn't having it as it's a live vaccine and I'm immune compromised so would have to avoid her for a week if she got the vaccine
Not true. The flu vaccine doesn’t contain any live virus. It’s perfectly safe for your daughter to have it.

Reactions: 3
Not true. The flu vaccine doesn’t contain any live virus. It’s perfectly safe for your daughter to have it.

Except children get the nasal spray not the injection. And the nasal spray is live, as per NHS info below.

My children never get the vaccine, and won’t this year.

Attachments

Reactions: 4
💯 mine will be getting it ,especially this year ..( they do every year)