Katy Perry

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's no incentive to make music anymore. She used hit producers for the last album and it flopped. The world has moved on and the general public don't really care about any more music from KP.

She's making millions a week. Why put herself through an album campaign and see it flop hard again?

I think the bottle can't be clear as her water has lots of sediment in it. But there's no need for it to look that ugly.
No idea if it's true but I saw a story saying part of the reason she sold her back catalogue is because she wanted to rid herself of everything old and start again and has also cut ties with her old manager. She basically threw him under the bus by saying from now on, everything to do with her music will be on her terms...the problem with this is, for both her last albums, she claimed to be the one who made all the decisions and we know how much they both flopped.

Reactions: 2
She was very much ‘of her time’ and that time was very short, essentially.

She was one of the last, and probably best, sexualised, risqué pin up style female pop stars. When kissing a girl was still titillatingly taboo and you could get away with song titles like ‘ur so gay’ and make a sketch solely about the size of your tits on SNL.

I loved the fact she was a natural curvy woman at the time, and she’s actually a lot more talented a musician than people give her credit for, but that whole act hasn’t survived the metoo movement, so that’s a massive chunk of her catalogue tarnished I guess. She very much rode the ‘sex sells’ approach, and whilst she still went on to greater heights (Firework, Roar etc) her original act hasn’t aged well at all.

Reactions: 10