Journaling

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you! I used to do Song of the day on my Instagram, but I don't think anyone was that interested, so I stopped in June.
So I think my notebook will be songs I've discovered, and/or a song I've listened to a lot on that day.
it'd be cute if you wrote what/who that song reminds you of and how it makes you feel

Reactions: 1
Love this thread idea!

I have always kept a journal, used to have a little diary with a lock and key when I was about 8 or 9, then as a teenager I used to use msn spaces I think it was called as an online diary, then from age 19 to late 20s I had a journal on a parenting forum, then I started a bullet journal/diary hybrid in 2017, which I have done on and off (lasts around 4-6 months at a time every 2 years)

I started a new bullet journal/diary hybrid today, I like to have habit trackers and goals etc, but then I like to get my feelings out in it.
Like others have said, I also struggle to be truly open and honest in it from fear of it being read by others. I'm quite an emotional person and regret alot of the things I feel once the cloud has lifted.
I also believe in affirmations so worry about writing on a bad day because then it affirms it :rolleyes: so my journals become a bit like toxic positivity.
I love the future me email idea, I think I'm going to write myself a letter and hide it in the house somewhere to find when I declutter!
Anyway, this post is going a bit dear diary. Apologies 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
If anyone is interested this lady is running a free course. I’m hoping it might just kick start my journalling - with a bit of luck. I think it will be shown 17:00 our time and there will be replays.

This is her site so you can read about it and sign up and I’ll also add the YouTube video

Reactions: 4
If anyone is interested this lady is running a free course. I’m hoping it might just kick start my journalling - with a bit of luck. I think it will be shown 17:00 our time and there will be replays.

This is her site so you can read about it and sign up and I’ll also add the YouTube video

I like the sentiment but that article is a bit pretentious. "Inner landscape"????

Reactions: 2
I love the idea of a bullet journal, but as I was putting one together, I have realised that a virtual option is so much better for me. I wondered whether there are any apps or purchases that are literally like a bullet journal, with the grids, etc. I guess kind of like virtual scrapbooking when that was a thing, but for a journal. I still love the idea of adding designs and making each page my own...

Reactions: 1
I'm glad I found this thread,

I wanted to journal so bad, but whenever i'd sit down with a brand new journal, I'd find it so hard to write down my thoughts without sounding too emotional/dramatic lol but I see here someone suggested writing prompts on pinterest, so looking tonight to write down some stuff!

ps.: And to whomever might be going through a rough patch, know that this is only temporary, in the end, you'll be ok! every little step counts, even if the rest have move on, take your time, go out and take some air. Reset your mind as many times as you need, It's never too late (EVER) to leave behind feelings and things that no longer pour into your heart ❤.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Just started bullet journalling. I’m same as the poster above, bit worried to write anything personal in case it’s read by others. So for the moment I just use it as a bit of a daily to do list, small goals each day, habit tracker, and record one nice thing I have done to care for myself each day. It’s a nice hobby to sit a couple of times per day, gather my thoughts. I’m also conscious now of how much I’m giving of myself to others, and forcing myself to one self-care thing per day can be tricky!

Reactions: 3
I’ve re-started journaling as going through stressful work situation. I use Day One app which can be set up with face recognition. I even 2-3 sentences of coming out with how I feel in the moment seem to be really cathartic. Can’t recommend it enough as someone with a natural tendency to overthink.

Reactions: 4